I sometimes get fed up.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I almost cried the day I sent the truck below to the scrapper. It feels horrible .. poor truck .

See exactly, I needed that box.

ALways looking for nice beds, I have logger friends, if you know what I mean.

Last edited:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
russ-
you know what I have going on here. I get milked for info on how to get an insurance claim settled and then they want a deal on top of all the time I spent on helping them get their claim settled. I reward myself with very stiff "Long Islands" on friday evenings and a 30oz prime rib. all my stress from the week goes away for a few hours.:D;Sweet
as far as who I offer help to here, I will take a look at their history first and them choose to offer advice/assistance.

30 OZ prime rib, you been holdin out on me:backoff:backoff

Next time down we are hittin that joint. I will even bring some long pants to wear if I have to..:angel:

To everyone here, if I had a problem with an individual I WILL let you know in a pm. Just so damn frustrating at times.
And to all ,thanks for the support and understanding.;Sweet;Sweet

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
Certainly sucks that the guy was too stupid to recognize that your advice was worth far more than a Napa warranty...

Earlier this year when I needed a turbo rebuild... I was having trouble getting the elbow/expansion ring off, so I went down to the local rebuilder guy. He was very helpful, spent a good deal of time telling me what I needed to do to get it apart, etc... Because he spent all this time I had him do the rebuild even though I could have had it done cheaper elsewhere.

Point is... service matters!! I guess the best you can do is try and keep customers who realize this happy and let the rest go to hades.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Service is fine, I try to provide what I can on the board.

On another forum a guy actually asked me how to rebuild a turbo.
I said I am making my living doing this so , I am sorry search the internet for the info.
He was really pissed, just didnt get it.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
30 OZ prime rib, you been holdin out on me:backoff:backoff

Next time down we are hittin that joint. I will even bring some long pants to wear if I have to..:angel:

To everyone here, if I had a problem with an individual I WILL let you know in a pm. Just so damn frustrating at times.
And to all ,thanks for the support and understanding.;Sweet;Sweet
ummm......considering the expense of the food for a GTG, an OJ's run the nite before would flatten a few wallets. There's no doubt their beef is better than Harris Ranch and at half the price of the other more pretentious steakhouses in town, still you're going to drop some coin there. you're on for the pre GTG meal there next time I put one on.;Sweet

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's no doubt their beef is better than Harris Ranch and at half the price of the other more pretentious steakhouses in town
Having visited both places, I can second that statement...as Calvin once told me, if you like dead cow, OJ's is a good place to be at :D ;Sweet :angel:

gatorman21218

Reaction score
To quote Col. Jessup from A Few Good Men:

"I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the very blanket of freedom I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get questioned and pushed aside in the computer business all the time. "how do you...?". Gets old fast. Or they ask me what they should get and I say get this, I can hook you up and after all the advice they go and spend twice as much at best buy or elsewhere :mad:.

I've been needing a new bed for a while, the bottom is all smashed to hell LOL

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are a few things to consider, and what it really boils down to is human nature. Rather than go into a lengthy explaination of what is obviously my opinion, I'll just throw out a few lines I accept as fact.

Not everyone can be helped.

Some people just don't take advice.

Despite the facts, some people will believe what they want.

Some people can't read what is on the screen.

Some people can't write about what they see.

Some people only tell part of the truth.

Some people are cheap.

Some people get through life doing the bare minimum required.

In the absence of information, people will generate their own.

Willpower is everything.

I've been helping people as long as anybody, and at times reading through a thread I feel like a forensic analyst. Looking at what has been said... reading the responses... and looking for that information vacuum sucking up assumptions.