I need to find some heavy duty plastic......

Camarogenius

Reaction score
To make myself a pair of mudflaps out of. I know I can go to a truck stop, but I need these to be double or triple length, and all the truckstops mudflaps have the truck stop's logo on them. What I'm looking for is alot like the rolls of plastic that dirt track racers use, only I need it thicker. Any Ideas?

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to the rock-quarry and ask for a length of scrap conveyor-belting.

The local ready-mix concrete plant should also have plenty.

I have numerous odd lengths that are two-foot wide, anywhere from six to thirty feet long, maybe 3/8 to 1/2 thick.

I use the stuff for everything from mud-flaps to horse-trailer matting; I even have a length of it on the concrete floor where I stand a lot.;Sweet

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the Dewey I actually have stainless mudflaps on top but the bottom is like a rubber mudflap. Anyway when the bottom got really nasty bad I cut new pieces out of an old rubber bed mat that I had laying around. It worked excellent. I kept the bedmat around just in case I needed to do it again but that has been about 3 years ago and they still look great. Just an idea in case you have that type of thing laying around. It's really thick.

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
You could use the plastic liner material that is used to line dump trucks and trailers. You can get it from 1/16" up to 1/2" and maybe thicker. And it's tougher than Japanese arithmetic and stiffer than a wedding peter....