I need to find out whats wrong

Mullis23

Mike
Reaction score

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Looks like it's burning oil to me.

If not that it could be a faulty injector causing that if it's just constantly peeing fuel. Seems like the idle would be a little more rough if that were the case though.

Mullis23

Mike
Reaction score
yea the injectors i figured would need to be changed since the are factory stanadyne D codes. Good thing i bought a set last summer for my other truck since funds are short with the whole college thing. Im just waiting for them to get to me.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike, if those are the original injectors and IP, they could use replacement. My two cents is an injector or injectors leaking and the timing is likely retarded a degree or two.

Are you comsuming a lot of oil or coolant?

Heath

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's that exhaust doing comeing out the front of the truck, ain't that locking hubs I see. A little puff like that could be just the timing off a little.

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I had a few bad injectors it idled fine, but blew grey smoke constantly. That would be my guess, but I wouldn't really worry about it if it runs fine and doesn't burn oil/antifreeze. Of course if you have a new set of injectors might as well put em in.

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn't sound terrible to me, but it does smoke a bit more than it should. Get your injectors installed and then time it, I think that should solve the problem.

If that doesn't fix the smoking issue, do a compression test to see where you're at.

Mullis23

Mike
Reaction score
Yep i will be changing the injectors as soon as they get to me. I have only drove it about a 100 miles and so far it hasnt used any oil or coolant. That i have noticed.

nyteshades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd lean and say it's injectors. When mine was burning oil, that little bit of reving resulted in a cloud....and it wisped smoke at idle.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online