I need some fresh ideas or.... I'm buying a new truck.

Black dawg

Reaction score
I knew it was on borrowed time, but I did get two local camps in before she let go. I only had one more trip planned. I was going to take the family to Santa Claus, IN to camp at Holiday World on the 9th and 10th. 100 mile trip to and from...... aint' gonna happen this year.:cry::frustrate It's not easy to explain to a 4 year old why we can't camp next weekend.

Anyway, I'll certainly post up the autopsy photos for you guys to look over. I'm guessing one of the gasket had a flawed firering. If that's the case, I'm going to be less than happy with these Victor Reinz gaskets.

Heath

about 150 miles into a 500 mile trip this summer, I was talked into continuing by a 1 3 6 and 9 year old, even though a rod in the burb was threatening to leave. filled it up with a couple quarts 20w50 and the rest lucas oil goo. Took it real easy and made the 500 mile trip with no problems. rod bearing was spun.

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At the beginning of this summer, I had a week off with a planned camping trip at the coast about 200 miles away from home. My injection system was taking a slow dump; harder starting, mileage going in the tank, smoking like a freight train, and I just didn't trust the thing to pull our big 5er that far. So we packed the family up in the crap box Honda and went anyway, just stayed at a hotel. It's not any more expensive to stay in a hotel when you factor in the increased fuel cost and campsite fees.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the beginning of this summer, I had a week off with a planned camping trip at the coast about 200 miles away from home. My injection system was taking a slow dump; harder starting, mileage going in the tank, smoking like a freight train, and I just didn't trust the thing to pull our big 5er that far. So we packed the family up in the crap box Honda and went anyway, just stayed at a hotel. It's not any more expensive to stay in a hotel when you factor in the increased fuel cost and campsite fees.

We're still going to Holiday World, but we won't be staying. It will just be a day trip now. Not much else to do in Santa Claus, In other than got to the park and camp. If we can't camp, then its just the park. It's too bad, that campground is supposed to be one of the best in the country.

Heath

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RustyNail351

Members online