I need a bit of help

zx2

Reaction score
from some of you more experienced guys. I bought a 97 PSD a few weeks ago and now need to do the front brakes on it.

here's the question. How do I get to bolts loose to pull off the calipers so I can get the pads changed? I have tried to use my breaker bar but no luck so far. evn put on a pipe extension to make the thing about two feet long. I really don't want to break any thing on it yet (but I will get there pretty soon if it doesn't play ball. These are the same style as my wifes explorer that I did this morning with no problem. On my '86' it is really easy to do all I have to do is knock out two pins and i am done in about 15 minutes.

Ideas please.?

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
The bolts you are refering to ARE the bolts the calipers slide on right?

Not the LARGE bolts that hold the caliper brkt to the backing plate:confused: .....

oh yea...2 wd /4 wd -50 or 60? :popcorn

zx2

Reaction score
They were the large ones. I got one side off, but it wasn't the side I needed, just the side that was in the shade.

The other side needs to have the rotor turned. Thats why the big bolts needed to come out. Found some Loc-tite on the side I got out after getting serious on it:D .

it just took more force than i thought it would and I suppose that it is the first time they have been out.

Thanx for the response.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zemmeron