I love my cummins!!!!!

gotdiesel?

Fine Diner
Reaction score
I just put my new truck through her paces, loaded an 8300# farm tractor on a 5 ton tag-along, for a gross of just under 17k, and headed to a tractor pull (I was hauling it cause my buddy's D-max blew up LOL ). Short trip of 60 miles, but we had lots of long hills. It felt like that motor has unveiled a couple of extra cylinders since that trip. She's got a bigger case of git-gone than when I bought it, and I was impressed then. Hope nobody minds my ramblin', but I just had to say my peace :yell:

Whit

Reaction score
They truely are fun :) and a joy to drive, I really like my lil womans new 04.5 but then there is the 01, I like it too :D

Cheers, Kevin

XcumminsX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our trucks are cool but i wish they would have invested in a better turbo. With you towing what temps were you seeing? i could get mine to 1250 STOCK ... and mines an 03... 04.5 run HOT

edited for language

Last edited by a moderator:

MYTRNx3

T-R-O-U-B-L-E
Reaction score
Big6 --- I'd have to say that you have all of us Dodge drivers put to shame with your collection... only thing you don't have is a 1st gen... need to get one o them ole grandpa's added to really top er off......

MMeier

Reaction score
On my 4th also...

...currently have my 03 with 58.2k miles on it, traded in my 97 2WD dually x-cab with 102k on it which i bought new, and my 93 W250CC with 175k on it to get my 03! Started my obsession (I do that with lots of things) :rolleyes: with a 94 4WD 2500 back in '95!! :D Hey Kel, hows you know what coming along????

BigSix

Reaction score
I drove a blue '90 in '95. I would have bought it but my Mrs didn't like it. It had a 727 3spd auto with 3.07 ratio rear end. No intercooler and one battery. The tube from the turbo straight over to the intake plate had "Cummins" in red letters. It was a sweet old truck. But the interior smelled like the old couple's dog and it was a tad noisy. So I opted for the '95 new. My fave is a '93 burnt orange and cream two tone ext cab 250 that sits out in front of a bank day after day. Must be a banker. I also watched from a distance as a local bought a '90~ reg cab in rough shape and restored it to a royal blue with chrome wheels new looking truck. I still like the first gens...

MYTRNx3

T-R-O-U-B-L-E
Reaction score
Re: On my 4th also...

Originally posted by MMeier
...currently have my 03 with 58.2k miles on it, traded in my 97 2WD dually x-cab with 102k on it which i bought new, and my 93 W250CC with 175k on it to get my 03! Started my obsession (I do that with lots of things) :rolleyes: with a 94 4WD 2500 back in '95!! :D Hey Kel, hows you know what coming along????

Hey there!!! We're having a girl... very excited... unfortunately no belly yet --- 5 months as of yesterday and to date have lost 10lbs... re-diculous...

MYTRNx3

T-R-O-U-B-L-E
Reaction score
Those first gen's certinally do have a bit of personality... my first truck was a 2-toned 92 250 auto 2wd... I put that thing thru hell and back. Just something about the 'box' look...

BigSix

Reaction score
The "box look" is what causes screaming bambinos! I couldn't resist. Sorry... I didn't know you had one in the oven. Congrats!!! What I like most about the box look is, no the box looking truck, is that the motor is entirely accessible. The new cab forward looks good too but it sure makes getting to the back of the motor a pain. Even my new Hemi is half tucked under the dash. The old ones certainly do have personality. My '03 Cummins Ram and my '05 Hemi don't have near the personality if any.

MYTRNx3

T-R-O-U-B-L-E
Reaction score
Yea the Gene-defecent and I are pretty excited... May just can't come soon enough!

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by MYTRNx3
Those first gen's certinally do have a bit of personality... my first truck was a 2-toned 92 250 auto 2wd... I put that thing thru hell and back. Just something about the 'box' look...

My wife likes our '91 F-350...

Yup... something 'bout the box look. We just had a boy. Your next 4 months are going to go so slow. I was climbing the walls in anticipation of our little one's arrival. Congrats!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online