I hit pay dirt bigtime today!

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
its honestly no more than the shape of the tranny bell housing. then you cut a hole for the crank. then some counter sunk holes to bolt it to the block. it has holes drilled and tapped to bolt the tranny to the plate. the hardest part would be cutting the hole for the starter because it has to be perfectly aligned. i shoot myself for not tracing it on a piece of cardboard before install :).. my truck needs the clutch soon. when i yank the tranny out maybe we can make a deal and i can get a little creative with a piece of cardboard for you

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I have a dust plate for a 460 ZF here and a 5-ton Cummins flywheel housing to work from so I should have enough to work with....1/4 masonite or MDF is great for making patterns.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I think I hit pay dirt again....I had an ad on Kijiji looking for some other Dodge Cummins parts when I got a phone call tonight...The old timer on the phone asked if I still needed the stuff on my list..."yes".....He said he had almost all of it but he was interested in something I had on the engine in my pics...My Bendix air compressor and power steering pump...Seems he junked a Dodge for the 5.9 to install it in a 1955 5-ton truck of some sort with air brakes and he couldn't find an air compressor for it until he saw my ad tonight....The next word in my head and his mouth was trade.:love::sly:rotflmao....Turns out he needed a 5-ton flwheel housing, flywheel and clutch and front engine mount - I have that too.;Sweet...He is going to load up his parts to trade and come up here this weekend from the valley to see me...He said he had the dodge vacuum pump, PS pump, a 5spd 2wd trans, flywheel, clutch, trans adapter, motor mounts and more - he's bringing all of it.:D...I smell another good deal coming soon.:sly

http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...A-5-9-CUMMINS-TURBO-DIESEL-W0QQAdIdZ248298464

papastruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That seems to be a pattern - young guy selling truck parts, you go to pick one up, and the old man comes out hot and bothered to get rid of all the crap in his garage. Scored some great deals that way.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I hope this old feller' comes out this weekend, sounds like we can both get what we need in one deal...If I end up with the rest of my swap parts I will just have to make up my mind which truck it's going in...LOL

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Big Rig You just keep falling in the outhouse and come out smellin like flowers;Sweet

Yeah and if I had a pocket full of cash right now there wouldn't be a smokin' deal in sight...LOL....I chaulk it all up to the wonder of the internet...The right timing, the right parts and two guys trying to gear up their projects.;Sweet...Hopefully I hear from him this weekend and we can make the swap.:sly

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Xmas came early, I met with Albert this afternoon and we made the straight trade - no cash involved. I gave up an Bendix air compressor, 5-ton flywheel housing, flywheel and clutch, ZF power steering pump, IDI starter and front engine mount for the following Gen-1 1992 Dodge parts:

Flywheel, clutch and PP
trans adapter
Getrag 2wd 5spd
gear reduction starter
dual vacuum pump and power steering pump unit
motor mount brackets (need new rubbers)
alternator brackets and a stuck alternator for a core
front section of a 2pc driveshaft
fan hub and clutch fan

Needless to say I was quite pleased with my trade - now I just need a Dodge or 460 rad ( I think I found a new 460 unit down the street) and an intercooler...I should be able to work with what I have...I'm going to try reversing the oil pan this winter to see if it will swap or not for my own eyes and not hear-say and I will possibly try my hand at a trans adapter of my own....Pic's to come tonight.;Sweet

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Pic's as promised:

You must be registered for see images attach

Not a bad haul for a "no cash" deal.....:sly....Anyone know anything about the Dodge trans adapters and what Mopar automatics will fit this one? If I build a diesel hotrod super duty as per my wishes I would use a dodge auto if I could build one up good and solid to handle the power.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Pic's as promised:

Not a bad haul for a "no cash" deal.....:sly....Anyone know anything about the Dodge trans adapters and what Mopar automatics will fit this one? If I build a diesel hotrod super duty as per my wishes I would use a dodge auto if I could build one up good and solid to handle the power.

That starter looks like some of the gear reduction jobs they sell for the idi's