I have a big question

Fordman84

Fordman84
Reaction score
I dont know if this is the right place to put this but i have some questions.

First of all i found this tire and rim set on craigs list i want to get tommrow but i want to make sure i will fit on my 84 f-250.

http://wausau.craigslist.org/pts/1511600892.html

Clearance will not be a problem but i talked to the owner and they are on Dodge 3/4 ton axels, ive heard those are the same bolt pattern as fords right?

Next is i have a stock 6.9 N/A with the 4 speed T-19 is the truck gunna be able to turn these monster without any big problems? thanks for any help or advice. I really wana get these but i dont want to have problems.

tjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as far as bolt pattern I am not sure. As for the engine and tranny they should be able to handle them if you still have factory gears you will see a change in low end you may have to take off in 1st gear but on the Highway it will lower rpms which is a good thing. If you take it out wheelin or mudboggin you may want to lower gears to 4:56.

cewofford

7.3 IDI Turbo
Reaction score
as far as i know all 8-lug wheels are 8 on 6.5 until the debut of the super duty which intorduced 8 0n 170mm. Older ford, dodge, and chevy are interchangeable as long as they are 8-lug

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my truck turns the 38.5x14.50x16 tires with ease, even towing with 4.10 gears. yes the dodge 8 lug is the same as older ford 8 lug.

jhnlennon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cutout for the hub is different on some rims, but I think most aftermarket should have the large cutout.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
you should get them thats a good deal if the tires are in good shape cause you probly couldnt buy the wheels for that price

Fordman84

Fordman84
Reaction score
All right then ill pick them up tommarow then. ill try to get some pics up when i get them on my truck. Btw changing the subject the rims and tires on my truck now are really nice, do the make a 5 bolt pattern to a 8 bolt pattern adapter so i can put them on my F-150? just curious Thanks you guys.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All right then ill pick them up tommarow then. ill try to get some pics up when i get them on my truck. Btw changing the subject the rims and tires on my truck now are really nice, do the make a 5 bolt pattern to a 8 bolt pattern adapter so i can put them on my F-150? just curious Thanks you guys.
bad idea.
you're going to make those wheel bearing cry uncle.
but there are adapters out there tho.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the wheel berings on my F-250 or my F-150? the are the aluminum slotted mags that i have.
you were asking about adapters to adapt 8-lug rims to 5-lug rotors right?
i was responding to your idea.
f250/350 front wheel bearings are the same on the 2wd. there's a difference between the d40&50/60 hubs.
I've hauled plenty of cars that had oversized wheels installed and then the wheel bearings turned into powder. use caution with that idea. that's all I am trying to say.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as far as i know all 8-lug wheels are 8 on 6.5 until the debut of the super duty which intorduced 8 0n 170mm. Older ford, dodge, and chevy are interchangeable as long as they are 8-lug

The lug pattern is the same but the Chevy hubs are smaller and if you are using Chevy wheels, you will have to hog out the hub area to get them on. Not that I've done that or anything.....:angel::D

Heath

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
The lug pattern is the same but the Chevy hubs are smaller and if you are using Chevy wheels, you will have to hog out the hub area to get them on. Not that I've done that or anything.....:angel::D

Heath

if its aftermarket wheels then you wont have to, but factory chebby wheels wont work, i found that one out the hard way