I got a question

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
I just made a small test batch but bigger than my first. Approx 7L of oil. The math said 20ish% was 1.5L of **** how much should be left over after the reaction process? I have only a half liter or so it seemed there was much more left overs last time. Where is all the **** ? is it being converted? It is still in the fuel I have more oil now then when I started. help me understand this please. I would react it again but that is just more **** and **** in a diesel is bad news. help o Bio gods.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
the longer you let the bio sit, the more stuff reacts.
As such more glycerine will drop out.

any excess methanal can be distilled out or heated out.
worst case scenario when you will loose it when you wash.

I do not have the time or sophistication to distill it out and so I just don't worry about it.

btw how did you get a garrett turbo on a 7.3idi? I didn't think they'd fit.

sagebel

Reaction score
Was the container sealed during the reaction or open? If it was open the methanol is probably gone. Time also plays a big part in getting a complete reation.

Scott

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
DeepRoots said:
btw how did you get a garrett turbo on a 7.3idi? I didn't think they'd fit.

I have a body lift which it would not have been posible without it. I just made a petiastal for it and bolted it on i have some pics if you want to see.

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
Well guys I used too much methanol. The glycrein was about a 1/4 liter shy of how much Methoxide went in and you can smell it in the Bio so I am just going to wash it good. I checked my math I used like 26% **** I have no clue how I screwed that up but ooh well. I will just wash it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HarleyCummins

Members online