I am Going to install push button Glug plug igniter in truck.

Joseph Davis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do I just remove white wire and cut blue wait to start wire and attach a ground to push button and attach blue and ground wires back to where I took off white wire from? going to do it tomorrow, Thanks for all the help on my other projects. Oil Burners Rocks!

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know where this blue wire idea came from? You remove the white wire and tape it. Put a new wire where the white wire was, run that into the cab to a pushbutton switch, and then run the other side of the pushbutton switch to a good ground under the dash. That's all you need to do if you have the later model controller like the picture below.

You must be registered for see images attach
glow plug controller by D Franklin, on Flickr

Joseph Davis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the blue wire ideal from the diesel stop. They say it lights the wait to start light while pushing the button. Thanks Franklin2 for the information. I was checking before I start tomorrow.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Blue wire can be moved to the glowplug out put side, then you'll know if they're being energized or not.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you push the manual button and your volt gauge in the dash goes to 8v, you know they are working. You can also hear the glowplug relay under the hood go "thunk" when you push the button.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
When you push the manual button and your volt gauge in the dash goes to 8v, you know they are working. You can also hear the glowplug relay under the hood go "thunk" when you push the button.
Right. But I think he confused what he was told.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Joseph Davis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I went to the Diesel stop online and they had a Diagram that said cut and hook up blue and ground to white wire post:dunno but I questioned that because blue wire is positive coming out of control box. That is what got me confused; so I figured, why not ask. Thanks for the input 79jasper :Thumbs Up that worked great. That is the first time the Glow Plugs worked since I got the truck, lol. No more long Cranks in the morning. Cool thing is she has always started with out the glow plugs even lighting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigal093

Members online