I am a cheap *****!

bghnkinf350

Reaction score
Now, with that said, I am looking for a few options for my turbo set up. First, for the CDR - I have a spare ip gear bolt cover I was going to weld a nipple onto. Next, I was wondering if anyone had a cheap solution for the oil feed line, or another source besides Banks. Last, is there a parts store grommet anyone found to fit the oil return?

I know I am being a cheap *******, and if this is too crappy and I should just man up, please let me know, otherwise please post your solutions!

Oh, and how should I fab a CDR block off?

Thanks!

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Hypermax makes some good turbos for this engines for a very good price and no aggravation.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next, I was wondering if anyone had a cheap solution for the oil feed line, or another source besides Banks.

Thanks!

You can have any hydraulic shop make you an oil feed line, I'm pretty sure that Russ (type4) has them in stock. If you don't come up with a local source PM me and I'll find you a ParkerStore that can set you up with what you need locally.

Last edited:

bghnkinf350

Reaction score
That is the ingenuity I am looking for - thanks guys! I like the freeze plug idea! Keep them coming if you can! Would a hydraulic rubber line work for the oil feed or am I looking at heat issues? I guess I should have clarified it is for a sidewinder kit!

Thanks, and please keep the ideas coming!

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rubber tubed hydraulic hose won't hold up to the temperature, you'll need a teflon tubed hose. If you really want to be cheap you can try to bend a hard line (factory on lots of 2.3 turbo Ford gassers), however, keep in mind that if/when that oil feed line fails it takes the turbo with it.

Good luck whatever route you choose to go.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I used an expandable freeze plug for a cdr block off, which reminds me I still have a hole in the valley pan that I havent sealed....

A hole in the valley pan...:eek::D That just scares me.... Just get a piece of 1/4 inch thick aluminum about 6inches long by 2 inches wide and fabricate what you need for the cdr blockoff plate behind the intakehorn... Use rtf toseal it in place...

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For an oil feed line what about using a stainless steel brake line. The stainless brake lines say they are rated for fuel, oil etc. They have an AN-3 or AN-4 fitting on both ends. You can easily get a 1/8" NPT to AN-4 adapter to screw into the oil galley on your block. I would check Speedway motors for the brake lines and adapters. Oh and they come in multiple lengths.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online