Hypermax Turbo and Intercooler

kas83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone running the combo? I swore up and down I was going to keep my new to me 85 naturally aspirated, but I'm contemplating forcing some air down its throat. Truck is going to be used for pulling a 31' travel trailer and 17' open bow ski boat. I've had 2 NA idi's and a Banks nongated 6.9, and was content with the NA trucks. But I'm definitely going to be using this truck is going to be dedicated to hauling, not an occasional tow rig. I've noticed some different setups for intercoolers and turbos, but was leaning this way for simplicity. I'm an OTR owner/operator so I don't have a ton of time to work on stuff, nor a ton of money to let a shop fab something up if I'm not able to get it installed on a weekend off. Thanks.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would invite you to give me a call and we can chat as you go down the road. I have a couple of personal vehicles so equipped, and I'd be willing to be that there are lots of people running a Hypermax setup. 717-806-5561.

Black dawg

Reaction score
The non-gated is undoubtedly the way to go. Whether old school banks or hypermax, they are both great kits! The ATS kits (and stock ford kit, which is ats, as well as the NEW banks kits) are much more restrictive as they have a smaller, restrictive exhaust turbine housing. The smaller housing is because of the nature of waste-gated turbochargers. It aids in low end response but causes for a more restrictive exhaust flow, resulting in higher egt's (exhaust gas temperatures). Meaning: the use of an inter cooler is more applicable to the waste-gated turbocharger design, but obviously still very beneficial to any system you put it on, including the non-gated turbochargers. For every degree you drop the intake air temperature, you equally drop the exhaust gas temperature. A non-gated turbo coupled with a high flow intercooler will give you great EGT #'s when pulling.

Here is a VERY clean hypermax turbo system for sale on ebay:
The price is a little high but you could always put an offer on it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-IDI-Tu...ction-F250-F350-Hypermax-Turbo-/221793880383?

Does that kit say hypermax on it somewhere?? sure looks like an 085 kit to me. and yes, about 1400 too much for that kit.

Last edited:

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This the 2nd thread JJC has posted that link - possible he's some sort of scammer trying to sell his ebay stuff. Have reported said to the mods for a closer look. Nothing personal, but I get a suspicious vibe.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JJC has a location of Ohio, as does this turbo kit he keeps posting, which I am pretty sure is an incomplete 085 kit.

Jay22day? Remember that disrespectful dude?

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, did not see that he had it posted for sale. Interesting that he says nothing about it in the marketplace listing but it all over how awesome it is in the threads he posts in.... **and fails to mention it's his system**

TOS violation? Seems like it to me.

Not one to be a **** about things, but giving advice that seems highly biased towards junk you're selling without stating said is a bit much. Plus doing it in every thread that has anything remotely to do with turbos....

kas83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Mel, I'll contact you early next week. This week is just shambles on the road, and I'm ready to sell everything off haha. I'm a lot more willing to spend money when I'm at home and relaxed.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
vvv oh chit

JJC/jay22day did post this stuff in the market place also.
^^^ oh chit not again?!

Hey Mel, I'll contact you early next week. This week is just shambles on the road, and I'm ready to sell everything off haha. I'm a lot more willing to spend money when I'm at home and relaxed.
^^^ this is a safe route a good man !
Ps I have an 093 and miss my first gen banks for pulling!
The 093 is nice to hotrod, pulls ok also but no non gated banks imho!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online