Hypermax air filter housing adapter (info needed)

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
I go through the flat filters like crazy I probably change at least a half dozen per year. I can shake the debris off them but even then there is a lot that won't come off. My truck spends a lot of time on dirt roads and it can be super dusty out here in the Utah deserts. I'm thinking about ditching the ATS box altogether.

I like how the Hypermax kits use the factory (non-turbo) air filter housing. Do you think the Hypermax filter adapter and rubber elbow would work with my 088 ATS turbo? I like the idea of using the round stock housing because most of the debris tends to swirl outwards and collect on the outside of the canister instead of directly onto the filter.

Thanks for any help or ideas.

Andrew

TahoeTom

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a picture of the adapter with a Hypermax turbo. I shimmed it up to clear injector lines. The hood closes but there isn't much clearance.

Attachments

• DSC00243.JPG
    DSC00243.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 62

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
Anyway you could get a 6637 in there with a prefilter?

Not sure on that one. It would be super tight but I'm sure it's been done before. With a pre filter the open element might not be a bad option. Thanks for the suggestion.

Here is a picture of the adapter with a Hypermax turbo. I shimmed it up to clear injector lines. The hood closes but there isn't much clearance.

Thats the one thanks for the pic. Just looking at it I think it would work with my turbo. I might give Hypermax a call in the morning and see if that part is even available :dunno

siegler

Reaction score
I've been wondering if that piece would work with a ATS 088 too since filters for the ATS housing are obsolete......
I also wonder if the intake hat would work too. If it does it means the hypermax intercooler kit could be used as well.

rdoimages

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get a filter off the shelf that works with the 088 housing. I will try and get the number.
I've been wondering if that piece would work with a ATS 088 too since filters for the ATS housing are obsolete......
I also wonder if the intake hat would work too. If it does it means the hypermax intercooler kit could be used as well.

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score

siegler

Reaction score

MTKirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's not a bad idea. Do you put it directly in front of the filter? My only concern would be more restriction. The 088 box is a little undersized as it is imo.

Thanks for the heads up.

Just lay it on top of a flat filter or wrap it around a circular filter. Get the coarse grade and restriction will not be a problem, oiled filters work differently than paper, the free air space is much larger.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online