Hydroboost Parts- Please help

jperecko

Diesel Ape
Reaction score
I thought I would be really clever and get a new hydroboost booster and master cylinder for my truck through rock auto as it was pretty cheap and the parts would be new. I got the parts that were for a '92 F450 with a gasser 460. Neither one came with the pushrod, spring, and spring retainer that goes between the booster and the master cylinder.

I have been looking everywhere and I cannot get these parts anywhere. The stealership wants over $300 for the booster alone and was not willing to sell me just the pushrod. Anybody have one sitting around or know of where I can get one?

Any help would be great. Thanks

zpd307

Reaction score
glad i found a parted out f450 for mine. i couldnt pass it up for $100.00 and i got the pedal. i was going to go that route, im glad i didnt now. sorry i cant help you.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Type in on Ebay... Hydroboost. Some seller in pasadena ca named raphel with some numbers behind that sells rebuild kits. Also WWW.abspowerbrake.com in Orange Ca sells anything you need for hydroboost brakes.

jperecko

Diesel Ape
Reaction score
I coulda sworn I checked ebay... maybe I spelled hydroboost wrong when I searched or something. Thanks for the lead... I found the seller and asked him a question. His username is rafael1769 if that helps anybody else.

I will also check out that site and see what they have too. This is why OB rules... I have so little IDI or even ford left in the truck but you guys can still help me out. Thanks a bunch.

jperecko

Diesel Ape
Reaction score
Called abspowerbrake.com as they are local and even open today, 8am on a Saturday and they said they did not sell individual parts that that my best bet would be a rebuild kit from napa or the like.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe I have the parts you need - they are from a Chevrolet hydroboost, but since it's one and the same company who makes them for ant OEM they should work for your Ford-specific hydroboost too. Problem is I won't be able to get to my parts bin for at least a week...

jperecko

Diesel Ape
Reaction score
I believe I have the parts you need - they are from a Chevrolet hydroboost, but since it's one and the same company who makes them for ant OEM they should work for your Ford-specific hydroboost too. Problem is I won't be able to get to my parts bin for at least a week...

I found a guy semi-local (LA) company called VancoPBS... sets up hydroboost systems for offroad type applications and he says that these pushrods are pretty specific with lengths and he could help me set it up with the right length. So do not worry about digging through your parts but thanks for the offer.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeps, the length of the pushrod does indeed matter - that's why I have a spacer sleeve inside my master cylinder piston hole for the pushrod, cause the Ford pushrod is longer than the Chev one.