humvee headers?

rodman68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody try and fit a set of the humvee headers on a 6.2 powered m1009 or a civilian blazer? I am looking to get more juice to the ground from the 6.2. How about any homemade intake mods? I thought just make larger bolts for the intake hat and flip it upside down with two snorkels heading to front of m1009 for some cooler air.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think the humvee parts will graft onto a pickup chassis. humvees and vans share more in common partswise than pickups do. you are better off grafting a late model 6.5turbo setup onto your older chassis. I've done quite a few and they're 99% a drop-in in comparison trying to make van stuff fit.

rodman68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was one 6.5 setup on craigslist but it sold. I like the simple 6.2 NA at this time bust need to get more air and try to open up exhaust to see if there is improvement. But I will keep and eye on a 6.5 turbo setup how about the banks aftermarket? This is a j code motor rated at 155 hp dont know how much torgue but I have a feeling the hp and torgue you need to spin up the motor to get the most of this engine. Will a turbo bring the hp and torgue curve down lower in rpms?