How to steal your own truck

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just glued my key in my ignition, can't loose it now :)...

A local heavy-equipment company has dozens of trucks, big and little, plus several of any type of equipment you could imagine.

For years, the keys in their stuff have had small cable run through the key and around the column, such that it is impossible to remove the key without first cutting the cable.

They have resorted to other means of retaining the keys in the stuff where the key goes into a panel.

ended up breaking the wing window in the airport parking lot
then rushing across the city to the auto glass place just before they closed and lucking out to find they had a new wing glass in stock and having to pay to get that put in.

The local windshield guy once told me that the least expensive, usually easiest replaced, glass in a vehicle is the windshield itself.

He said that, on most vehicles, it is far better/cheaper to break out a windshield, than any other glass, should one need to break in.

Of course, I would much rather have to drive minus a wing-glass, than minus the windshield, so one must consider all aspects of the particular situation. ;Really

Rollin Coal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Darn coulda saved you some time and hassle with this if I'd have been home... Look up "knock key" on youtube and freak yourself out on how easy it is to bypass tumblers...

Your locksmith buddy sucks, a hand filed key is super easy and the easiest one to do is a ford ignition so that in itself speaks volumes... :rotflmao

It's his dad's company and he's only 22 I give him credit cause he tried. If his dad wasn't out of town then it wouldn't have been a problem.

NOW THE KICKER. I'm only doing this because I lost my pride a long time ago hahah (god this is embarrassing)

SO I'm coming home at around 630-7pm and the sun is bright as hell....so I put down my visor and guess what falls into my lap. That's right....my ******** keys.

Go ahead and laugh boys.

:D

jam0o0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on a 93-97 you can unscrew the ignition box (it's it's bolted to the underside of the column) usually a light yellow boxy thing. it's held on with torx bolts. when it's off you can push the switch with your finger. i did this when the rod in my column broke. pull the wire plug out of it and carry it with you when you leave.