How to keep pumps from being messed with?

whitehorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If he kills the Ole 300 he's done something. Had three and you have to starve them of oil before they quit. Good to hear you solved the problem...

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Lol this just got real interesting. Good job on the decisions though. His face will be priceless when it won't Rev over 3200. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

G. Mann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on your stress reduction program. :backoff

Sounds to me like you laid down the law and mean to make it stick. That has always worked for me.. seldom a comfortable hat to wear... but to make a business last and run.. one that has to be worn.

Good luck !!!

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He called dad, dad said i'm 3 years older and make the key financial decisions.
Always a good thing when "the chief" has your back... Also telling that his first response was to "call Dad" rather than _THINK_ about the circumstances he created for himself.
He won't be happy when he finds out i Hid an MSD rev limiter under the dash with a 3200 Rpm chip!
He's, uh, not lurking this site, is he?.....

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
I would've set the rev limiter on the 300 down to about 2500 rpm. 3k rpm is about the top of usable power on a stocker and the valves are already floating at 4k rpm. Force him to drive like he's got some common sense (a flower that doesn't grow in everyone's garden). While casually city driving a 300 sixer with 4.10 gears and 37's (same final drive ratio as 3.08 gears and stock 235/75R15 tires), I normal shift at about 2k rpm.

1994 Turbo

Reaction score
That 300 has 4:10's and rolls on 235/85/16's. It probably won't do much over 70. I know he isn't lurking, he's not into the oldies like i am. He's the young punk that just wants to run free, i'm the more into the farm one. I sent him to get a feeder rack from our other farm today (7 mile 1 way trip) He came back and said something was wrong with the truck because it wouldn't wind out like it used to :rotflmao I said i don't know but keep running it. As far as "Chief" having my back he shouldn't be too suprised. I've been dad's right hand man since i was old enough to walk and he wanted to do his thing with his friends. He whined pissed and moaned until dad hired his best friend on as a helper. I honestly hope his friend don't come back because i'll hire MY friend and he has the same mentality as me as far as treatment of equipment, maintence, etc and he will be the ***** to my brother i don't want to be. Only time will tell but he is for sure the next person we hire on. especially because he is looking for something new. We'll see what happens and how the bro takes being without his butt buddy. I'm excited to watch him crumble :D

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm excited to watch him crumble :D

you should find more constructive ways to teach your little brother.

make him succeed, instead of praying for his demise.

we were all punks at one point or another.