How to do an exaust stack?

krawlr

Yup, that's me
Reaction score
I think not having a bed is causing me to get some backwash from the exaust at lower speeds. I would like to try a stack. Probably hit the truck supply tomorrow but I'm kinda lost on how it's done. Are there kits? Just want 1 3"er to get the job done. :hail

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The hardest part is mounting the stack in a sturdy fashion. On the Moose Truck, I fabricated brackets. On EZ's truck, I used the front of his tool box. You will want to use muffler clamps to mount them. If you get a chrome stack, there are chrome clamps to be had. I go to the Mack and Peterbuilt dealers in town for my stuff. The Pete dealer is pretty useless for stuff smaller than 5", which is what the Mack dealer is good for. Donaldson is the brand name to look for. Kind of the Walker of big trucks, but better quality. The Moose Truck and Moosestang both have Donaldson stacks, and they hold up extremely well.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I used 3" band clamps from Jegs or Summit Racing on mine. Like this Stainless band clamps

They can be had in a stepped fashion to cover where a pipe slides into another pipe or in straght which I used to support my stacks, utlizing the bolts to attach an "X" bracket between the stacks. I welded 3 inch header flanges to a crossbox for both the inlet and outlet. I also purchased a 3 inch mandrel bent 90 from Summit Racing, it had like 36 inch legs on each end, very nice and not super pricey.

Attachments

• Stack cross box mounted.jpg
    Stack cross box mounted.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 14
  • Stack cross box mounted 2.jpg
    Stack cross box mounted 2.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Stack cross box.jpg
    Stack cross box.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 22

Latest posts

Forum statistics