how to bypass fuel selector valve so my quage to work

joe f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i plan to take my truck and a trip off roading trip friday and my fsv quit on me i have all ready had the front tank hook up but i need to know how to buy pass it so my quage will work
and help would ne dully noted

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To get the front tank only to read;

Go down to the valve on the frame. Find the darkblue/yellow wire. Cut it from the plug. At the same plug find the yellow/white wire and cut it from the plug. Twist these two wires together, the gauge will be on the front all the time.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A non-destructive option, which will leave you with less work when you opt to recommission both tanks, would be simply to disconnect the FSV connector, and put a jumper wire between the terminals for the DB/Y and Y/WH wires on the connector.

joe f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tryed that dint work i have all confined that the quage works test with frist with a out side power sourse

Last edited:

jim_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the same thing-- got rid of my fuel selector valve in favor of modern solenoids and kept the original wiring for the gauge. Here is the wiring diagram. It is more complicated than it looks. But note one thing: it is not a switch that is active hot or inactive not hot. It is a switch that changes state when you apply voltage. Therefore it could break reading either the front or rear tank with no voltage. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• fuel.jpg
    fuel.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 128

joe f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as of right know i have power to the the wire on the frame rail but i cant fiugre out what wire to put to the send to give it power then where to tie the yellow/white wire in im so lost

joe f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok found out no power to the dash the green wire on the end got broke off so dose any one know where that goes
here a pic of siad wire
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no 12 volt power to the tank sender, it is done by resistance to ground thru the rheostate on the sender. The guage itself has the 12VDC on one of the terminals "CVR". The circuit below is from an 89 but yours should be close to it.

The CVR is a "Constant Volt Regulator"

Attachments

• FSV & Gauge.jpg
    FSV & Gauge.jpg
    856.1 KB · Views: 100
Last edited: