How strong is a LUK clutch

76ford466

Another member
Reaction score
Im working on my engine right now its not complete yet but getting there. Anyway while its all apart the cluthc brings up a question. I have the single mass flywheel thats aftermarket. I do think its a LUK has made in china on it if i remember right. Clutch is a organic regular sprung disc. Has anyone had any trouble with slipping these. I will be pulling a trailer thats probly 10,500 or so with it. The though of testing it out at the truck pull also comes to mind. I know this requies a good clutch. Could I just replace the disc with a button style one. Such as a 12" from a 460 gas application. I believe mine is 12 1/14 now. So 1/8 inch less friction on each side dont seem like it would hurt. Anyone running something better?

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I run the LuK 11" with the sprung disc in my 6.9, so, different application, but I can't say anything bad about it. I debated going with a 12", but the site I bought mine from was out, and I don't really tow that much.

That being said, I've had zero slippage, at all, period with mine. Have around 15,000 on it as of now.