How much would you pay for an all original, un-molested IDI?

kas83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=181275727913

Been keeping an eye on this just to see how much it actually goes for. I'm in the market for another IDI and was wanting either an extended or crew cab and stumbled across this. I am not in the position to pay that much for it, but got to thinking about it. I could never restore and paint a truck from around this area for the current price. The lack of rot makes me jealous. However, I have found several southern/western trucks for half the price, that I could probably fix up slowly and get the same results, but most are automatics.

Anyways, just wondering what you guys think a fair price would be on a '******' truck. I say I'd have to add another $3,000 for a turbo/intercooler setup n some other performance goodies, just because I can't leave well enough alone. I think $9-10k total isn't horrible, if I had the disposable income.

Sent from my SCH-R760X using Tapatalk

Reaction score
It's such a gorgeous time capsule that you'd be inclined to shell out some coin, but practically speaking, it's a base model XL with no turbo. I'd say $6-$7K if it looks as good as it does in pictures, maybe not even that much.

Love the gun rack, lol!

Mike

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
Interesting... So that's what my front bench seat would have looked like? Time to save the photos for reference!

Anyone have a idea where I could get running boards like that for my truck?

Junkyards have been all smashed up, usually because of how they take them out on the forklifts

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Half that price LOL

Doesnt even have AC! I wish mine was still pristine, I'd probably sell it if thats how much they fetch!

wildman7798

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope it goes for 12k, that would make my 97k miles 86 Lariat 2WD worth about $5500. You guys should pump up these values not shoot them down. Movin' on up......

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid $3100+tax for mine from a dealer with 59k original miles, a camper,original shiny paint etc and i thought i overpaid

wildman7798

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah dealers tend to make one feel that way. Your giving away your age now Chris...must have been before the diesel gold rush of 03.

kas83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Biggest thing for me is bodywork. Any truck I find around here has a ton of rust, and they easily go for $2500. I've found several in the Dakotas, Nebraska, Arizona in the $3500-4000 range, needing work here n there, but rust free.

I figure I'd easily have $7500 into either type, by the time I figure in bodywork as needed, refreshing drive line, interior, engine etc. Then another $3k into turbo n go fast parts. I've owned, and sold, too many of these trucks. The next one I get is going to be built right, and ready for hopefully 10 years of service for me.

BTW, is Darrin Tosh still around? I'd like to hear his thoughts, as well as see what he might have to sell.

Sent from my SCH-R760X using Tapatalk

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll say one thing, that KIA dealer is gonna make some bucks on that truck.

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to know what the hell is wrong with the front leaf springs! Mine are straight level, those look curved the wrong way.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah dealers tend to make one feel that way. Your giving away your age now Chris...must have been before the diesel gold rush of 03.

Im old but I bought my truck in 2012. Here's what $3100+tax gets you in Calif. These trucks are just old trucks her. Mine sat on the lot, unmoved for 3 weeks while I himhawed over the price. I felt it was a $2500 truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

racer30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed that type of running boards on Trucks back in the late 80's...Dam I'm getting old.....I want a 93 or 94 Truck in that good of shape...

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting... So that's what my front bench seat would have looked like? Time to save the photos for reference!

Anyone have a idea where I could get running boards like that for my truck?

Junkyards have been all smashed up, usually because of how they take them out on the forklifts
I took the full length ones off mine. You can have them if you come get them. Im in Apple Valley,ca. Bout 200m from vegas. You can kinda see one in that pic I posted.