how much is too much crankcase pressure?

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was funny.

So i put injectors in a 99 7.3.told owner months ago that the motor was junk.intercooler and pipes were full of dirt.i mean caked about an inch deep in the bottoms of the pipes.previous owners didnt think the clips on the airbox were important.

If you start it with the aircleaner boots off and put you finger over the cdr tube,within 10 seconds itll start running funky.lift your finger off the tube a little it sounds like you popped an air hose.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dont have a compression tester for them anymore.i have video of it if i can figure out how to post it later.

It got to the point where it would not start at all unless plugged in all night.ether wouldnt get it to start.he still doesnt want to believe it needs a motor

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Sounds exactly like my x bosses 550.
I find its easiest to upload to youtube, then link it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ill have to go figure out youtube.

I know its too much.it was funny.me and my buddy were laughin our ***** off.i think it puts out more than the turbo.im gonna have to rev it up tomorrow just to see what it does.

Poor ******* just payed me 1000.00 to put a motor in his other truck plus about another 700 to do the 550 rear swap.

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn't tell in the video how much blowby it was putting out without you closing the system and letting the pressure build. How does it do if you put everything back together and take the oil cap off and set it upside down on fill port? Does it shoot off?

sassyrel

Reaction score
moron brought his truck in,,to the ford dealer I worked at for a while......said power was down..this truck was new enough to be under warranty................so, I pop the hood, and guess what the first thing I see???? the hose to the turbo is collapsed!!!! soooo I pulls the air cleaner lid off................there was more dirt in there,,then there was under the lawn outside!! filter full of oil and collapsed...head cheese said fix it.........I told him, your going to be turning this engine into ford for warranty,,and ill bet three paychecks youll get it back!!!!!!!!! and youll be standing the cost!!! this was the ONLY time,,he had enough balls, to tell the customer we wouldn't do it!!! esp after boss showed him collapsed hose and dirt FILLED air filter,,soaked with oil!!! he went to a big truck ford dealer,,and them dumb jacks did it no charge!!! can just see the lies they told ford............this was 120 miles from where the guy lived.........:rolleyes:

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With 94-97s it was fords fault they sucked in dirt through the badly designed air filter a cheesey thin orange boot.

They fixed the boot in 99 but went with a poorly designed air filter again.