How Many

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmmm, interesting results Rampy. Maybe do a mileage check a tank or two down the road.

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
Originally posted by 95_stroker
Hmmmmmmmmm, interesting results Rampy. Maybe do a mileage check a tank or two down the road.

Have no real idea on what I get for MPG. I mean come on now it's a 3/4 ton TRUCK with a 444 turbo diesel & 4.10 gears after all :D :D :D

All I really know is that once she goes over 2200 rpm the mpg drop the higher the rpm's go LOL LOL

Think I get somewhere around 14-16 in town and under 63mph right around 20 & if we go 55mph she gets's 22 or 23 mpg.

Went to Vedavoo & back (happy jack) with a guy driving a M-715 & he could not go over 45mph & that day I was getting almost 25mpg, but fell asleep driving so slow!!!!

But then again, who really tracks MPG in such a truck, if I wanted to get excellent mpg I'd get a motorcycle:cool ;)

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Rampy, The Sea-Foam ennema trick usually works quite well
for engines that show sluggish symptoms/heavy smoke startups
etc....... It is still a good product to clean out the crud.

There are many IDI 's that have shown great results......

I have done it twice with my PSD and while not earth shattering, the results were still there.

Your truck was prolly running much more efficient than most that I reccomend the sea-foam trick to.

You drive your truck on a reg basis and have had it ,if memory serves, from day one and have maintaind it well;)

I drive an avg of 700 mi a week and for a truck that scales at 7975k lbs wet I avg 17 mpg. And I have 4.10's as well.

Interstate speeds of 80 mph@2900 turns with 285/75/16 10 plys at 60 psi.

I'm sure you will see SOME improvement for your troubles;)

:cheers: GEO

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
It get's driven daily unless weather is such that I can take out the motorcycle. Then she sits and sits wating to be driven.

She needs a oil change bad, been to lazzy to make time & do it on a regular basis & now it's lmore or less every 6-8 months at the grease monky place:(

You should see the blue smoke on cold start up, she's getting worse & worse and I figgure it's injector O rings, but no $$$ for the fix right now. However, once warmed up the blue smoke goes away.

I'm lucky to put 50 miles a week on the truck. We have a 500 mile road trip comming up & am trying to make sure the trucks ready as some of the roads we will be taking are way way out there & thi sis the month we get the most snow.

JamesF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is Seafoam different than, let's say, Diesel Kleen from Walmart? They both seem to say the same things - cleans injectors, prevents gelling, etc.

Also, what are some of the factors that may contribute to mpg? Geonc says he gets 17 at 80 mph with 4.10s. I get 15.5 at 70 with 3.73s. I wouldn't mind improving it a little.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online