how many of you have sent in a 6.9 ip for a 7.3 moose ip?

mudduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im wantin to send my ip in to get the full moose kit on it but i can't due to that truck bein my dd and i can't have that much down time on it . i realize it may cost a little more to send in a 6.9 pump but my options are very limited. i was curious how many of you guys have sent in a 6.9 pump to be made a full moose pump for a 7.3 and how much did it cost you, and how long did it take ? just tryin to get a ballpark on price and time thats all i know they all can be different. thanks

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
the pumps are the same. as long as it is good internally, it should be fine. i gave mel a 6.9 pump and a 7.3 pump last time i seen him.

papastruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6.9 vs. 7.3 doesn't matter. What matters is the condition of your extra pump, as in you don't want it to have been sitting outside on a junk motor for the last 2 years. Prices vary from pump to pump based on the parts needed - your best bet is to get information from him, because he sends a document that lays it all out for you. Turnaround time was something like 10 days from out the door to back in, perfectly acceptable considering that I used ground shipping and Labor Day was in there.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
There is internal differances in the 6.9 and 7.3 pump. Thats not a bad thing either. They pish differant amounts of fuel. The plunger is smaller on the 6.9 pumps. Other than that I have no more info. They will bolt up no matter what motor you install either pump on.

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
ken told me the 6.9 pump can be brought up to the turbo pump standard but it takes extra machine work internally.

mudduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well im gettin the whole motor for a load of firewood and it was in running condition before i took the turbo off it this winter . the only difference i can see is the 6.9 has 2 vacuum lines coming off the top of the pump , where my 7.3 has wires , i hope this wont be a problem?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Those vacuum lines off the pump are for the C6 trans. That vacuum switch will come off and a tps electrical switch can be installed with a bracket. Everything bolts up to the pumps either C6 or E4OD tps switch... You will not have any issues. Now if the truck has a manual trans all the above means nothing because you wont be needing any cacuum or electrical switches on that side of the pump.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vinceslamer

Members online

No members online now.