How important is a fuel line heater?

zrexryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in cali, my inline heater shorted so its disconnected. Will this cause me problems now that getting cooler?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nope... Not a chance of anything happening. Even if you lived in the cold where it freezes I really don't feel this would be an issue. I really have not discovered why we have the heaters on these idi fuel systems. Some engineer had a reason for them but I dought anyone here knows the whys....

Danoflapper

Reaction score
They look really wimpy too. There's no way that the little element could raise the temperature significantly of any rapid flow of fuel. I removed mine after it started leaking and I plugged the hole.

Black dawg

Reaction score
If you have long periods of 10 deg weather you will have problems without one. mine has been unhooked, and anytime it gets into the single digits for more than a week I have problems with filter plugging. I do have a 2mic filter though.

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
If you have long periods of 10 deg weather you will have problems without one. mine has been unhooked, and anytime it gets into the single digits for more than a week I have problems with filter plugging. I do have a 2mic filter though.

Yea mine on my 94 was out when I was living in Shelby and Miles City for the -40 below crap. So I bought a little carquest battery pad heater and wrapped it around my fuel filter to plus in everynight. 10watts.