how can i make my truck "lope"????

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
(the oil system has such huge flow/ abundant pressure/ regulator that that should not be a problem).

I wouldnt say pressure is abundant, thats one of the issues to overcome on a high boost setup for these.

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
I don't think an IDI would lope even with a custom cam. If you noticed anything it would probably be in the way of smoke from the cylinder firings that had insufficient air.

The gassers do it because the air pulses are out of tune at low rpm on an engine with a high rpm cam. It's just running with inconsistent cylinder energies.

About the closest you could get is probably tapping the throttle. I think that turning down the idle rpm will only work if your return springs are a bit weak.

international

Drownin' in diesel
Reaction score
or...If you give me $300 I will give you my "special" gray painted injectors. They make my truck lope....:rotflmao

on edit - I meant miss...

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
That lope on the Cummins in youtube is from high timing(20*), big .120 fuel lines, and stiff gov springs.

DieselHilux

Reaction score
A High Preformance VP44 (the 24 valve Cummins Electronic Pump) will also cause a "lope" and it has to do with the electronics within the pump, guy once described it as a "nervous" govenor even the the "govenor" in the VP44 is electronic and just programming.

(Those pumps have a fuel solenoid that is opened and closed hundreds of times a second to meter the fuel)

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
Actually the main cause of the issues is when the factory lift pump get weak or dies and the IP has to pull its own fuel.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the low idle is good for a lope but not great mines at 450 and it helps milage you just gotta keep the oil pressure up is all these engines do have a low oil pressure at idle issue
but mine at 450 sounds like a big block gasser falling to pieces (diesel noise) i really should get a vid after the clip swap is over

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Loping because of a large cam only happens in gassers. Something about how huge cams dont create enough vacuum to draw the fuel in. I think its something like that.

When I screwed up two injectors by cross threading the injector lines, it lopped real good then. Actually sounded kinda neat. To bad it leaked diesel like crazy. One mile of driving and let me tell ya, I bet ya it wont rust for a couple years, the whole underside was coated.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger