Hot coffee Cupholders

rckslash2010

Reaction score
I just prop my cups on the floor behind the stick, and leaning against the seat. I've only dumped it 3 times!!! Someday I'll buy one of those organizer thingy's that lay on the seat. That way I'll have a place to lean my arm up against.

F350farmboy

The Hornet
Reaction score
I'm getting pics uploaded now, but there going to be pretty tiny as I still can't attach pics from my computer and have to use the vBpic gallery....-cuss

F350farmboy

The Hornet
Reaction score
I used cereal box cardboard for templates. I took off the radio bezel trim piece and traced the flat part above the radio, that was my base.

Then I made another template that was the same size of the base of the store-bought cup holder, but also, I made it follow the dash trim piece that goes from under the "storage tray" thing to the instrument panel.

Then I made vertical braces that contoured the rounded dash trim piece (from behind) and connected the front edges of the 2 base pieces (towards you).

Then I crammed floral foam between the 2 bases and rounded the front of the whole thing, then lined the entire thing with foil and laid a few layers of fiberglass on top and when hardened, removed the inner foam.

Then I did a lazy bondo job to smooth it out, could of spent more time on it, but I wanted to use it!!

Then I drilled 3 holes along the bottom base and transferred those holes to the flat part of the dash above the radio, then drill them out as well.

I put bolts through the holes and welded the heads to the bottom brace (You cant get to them when its on the dash) and bolted it to the dash for good.

wha-la!!

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stella Awards

It's time again for the annual 'Stella Awards'! For those unfamiliar with
these awards, they are named after 81-year-old Stella Liebeck who spilled
hot coffee on herself and successfully sued the McDonald's in New Mexico ,
where she purchased coffee. You remember, she took the lid off the coffee