Holy crap!!!

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
So my buddy just got another idi a couple days ago its a 86 f250 4x4 4 speed runs beautifully, he has had it a couple days now, this evening he went and bought a set of tires, and right when he went to turn into his road he couldnt push the clutch, so he tryed a little harder and said it kinda poped and then there was no pedal, so i figured a broke clutch rod or somthing, so i started looking nope clutch rod is find, so pop the hood its fine there, so i crawl under it, and the clutch fork is gone and there is a chunk busted out of the bell housing!!!!!:eek::eek: i have never seen or herd of this happening what caused it? best i can figure is the fork got caught or something,

So now he is out of a vehicle and dont have alot of money to repace it, and really needs a 4 speed bell housing pretty bad

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
That totally sux. If there's anything good to be said, atleast the T-19 has a separate bellhousing, and he's not out a whole transmission :eek: I'm pretty far from y'al but let me see if I can find a bellhousing for next to nothing.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
That totally sux. If there's anything good to be said, atleast the T-19 has a separate bellhousing, and he's not out a whole transmission :eek: I'm pretty far from y'al but let me see if I can find a bellhousing for next to nothing.

That would suck, thanks man! if we could find one cheap we should be able to come up with shipping money

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jon would know but i think not
i got one laying around i was clearencing for a 12 inch clutch ill sell

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
One off a 460 will work, you just need to do a little drilling to make everything line up. Litterally that easy!

On a side note, how ya been Dave? I ain't been around a whole lot this last couple months....work have been INSANE!

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
One off a 460 will work, you just need to do a little drilling to make everything line up. Litterally that easy!

On a side note, how ya been Dave? I ain't been around a whole lot this last couple months....work have been INSANE!

i thought someone said a 460 t-19 cant be modded but a zf5 can

and i been pretty good how about you?

86ford69

86 Ford F250 6.9
Reaction score
When my bellhousing broke I was told only diesel bellhousings would fit. I found ome at tje munk yard for $75. My fron u joint went out went out amd busted the slave cylinder off.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
It is actually quite common for those aluminum bell housings to break behind the 460 and the 6.9

And NO the 460 bell can NOT be modified to fit the 6.9

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online