Hey DieselDummy

dazedandconfused

Reaction score
Hey Justin I was just wondering how the 6.5 is running these days for you? Have you had any problems out of it since the rebuild or not! Plans changed for me and looks like I will be turning my dually into a sleeper! Going to start on a tiwn tubod 6.5 next year for her.

Andy

dieseldummy

Lost in time
Reaction score
Andy, I got the 6.5 back together and running again. I finally got all the leaks tracked down and it has it's first oil change under it's belt. I ended up using a 6.2 block, 6.5 heads, HY-35 Holset turbo, my homemade intercooler, but decided to go with the 6.2 injection pump. I figured that the 6.2 pump would be the limiting factor in power and I was right. As it sets right now it runs about like a stock 6.5 or maybe a little faster. I did this so it doesn't blow up again so soon. I put it up for sale so I can pay for the Dmax, but haven't had much luck...

Good luck on the dually! I hope to see your twined 6.5 in the future, if you can find enough fuel and a strong block it should haul ass.

Justin

dazedandconfused

Reaction score
Well glad to hear the 6.5 is back up and running Justin. I have a couple leads on some 93 blocks and of course the one that is in it. Been looking for parts and contacted a few different companies on parts. It will definatly get a girdle kit, ARP studs throughout, balanced with low compression ceramic coated pistons, marine pump, headers, new lightly polished heads and intake. Will also recieve twins I hope, an intercooler, fass fuel sytem and extremely upgraded cooling system and custom built aluminum radiator! This is going to be at least three years in the making since money is tight with the baby on the way. I've been driving the chit out of it and have not drove the Dodge in two weeks. Dodge may be more powerful but the Chevy drives a lot nicer.

How you liking the D-Max and what are you asking for your 6.5? Have a pic of the 6.5?

Andy

dieseldummy

Lost in time
Reaction score
I hear ya on the work in progress part. I was spending more on keeping my 6.5 running than the Dmax cost to buy on a month by month basis... Sounds like you got things figured out, it should be a good runner when your done with it. I almost bought a Dodge after being around all 4 generations of the Cummins and liking each one. I'm just not a big fan of the Dodge its self.

I love the Dmax, it has a little more power than my 6.5 did and the fuel economy is awsome. For the first time in any of my vehicles it broke 20 mpg around town, can beat that. I'm asking $5K for the 6.5, here is a pic or two of it:

You must be registered for see images attach

dieseldummy

Lost in time
Reaction score
Here's a couple under hood pics:

I was hoping that my new one would get similar plates, but it didn't...

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That has just given me all sorts of ideas on IC'ing my blazer project... :Sly
Got a pic if the IC? btw, that's a pretty impressive looking turbo you got there ;Sweet

dieseldummy

Lost in time
Reaction score
The intercooler made all the difference in the world on my pickup... That turbo is a pretty cheap upgrade since all the Dodge guys upgrade to bigger and better things making the HY-35 a less than desirable commodity. Here is a pic from the front, if you look really close you'll notice that the bottom half of the grill is missing and an intercooler lives in it's place as well as behind the holes in the bumper. It's not to noticable with the grill gaurd on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online