hey all Im in portland

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
Wow, what a trip. I made it from Kissimmee florida to Portland Oregon. Managed to keep my fiance, her car (06 scion, aka large golf cart), both cats, my king snake, and my truck alive and get here in one piece. Only casualty was the clutch line (mentioned in the kissimmee to portland thread) and a total replacement of oil and antifreeze after I overheated it in Butte.

I dont have great access to internet so it will be hit or miss to catch me on here. Hope everyone is doing well. If anyone is in the oregon area and needs some help get ahold of me, I work for a ford truck dealership and I have been all over mine so I am some help at least.

keep the rubber side down and the black smoke rolln!

R. Justin
aka Punkmechanic

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you made it, as you probably know there are a lot of IDI guys in your area, Fordguy 100, SKimballC and TYP4 right off the top of my head. Good luck with your new life on the left coast!

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Right on glad you made it over here without to much troubles ;Sweet. We need to get a gtg going on for us Oregonian IDI'ers....someone should set that up LOL.

What part of Portland are you at? Its only like a 1-3 hour drive depending on which route, and traffic LOL.

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
As for the miles, according to my gps it was 3,445 miles. It wasnt bad and considering the truck was 1800 pounds overweight it went great. It is a hell of a trip and a lot of work but being out here working for ford and all the great people is worth the work.

there are a few of us out here and I plan to me as many as are willing in person as soon as possible.

I live in beaverton (about a half hour from portland international airport) anyone out this way or up for a meet and greet, drop me a line or email me at punkmechanic on gmail.

I love ford diesels and the idi's are a damn good way to go for me.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Yeah man for sure, we'll have to meet up some time ;Sweet

Are you working for a Ford dealer, if so which one? Just curious....

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My son lives in beaverton, where exactly are you, street at least.

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
I work at northside ford by PDC airport. I live in an apartment at cornell and 158th. Hope that is helpful. Sorry for the short reply I'm on my fiance's iPhone.