Help! Sudden extreme fuel consumption

Blue Rebel

Rusty Ford Blue
Reaction score
What mpg is it getting now? The suggestion on fuel being returned to the other tank is a good one, how did you prove this was not the case.

I unhooked both lines to the rear (unused) tank at the splitter, wrapped them in a baggie, and drove it around the block. No fuel in the baggie at all.

OK, plan for today is install new air filter, drain fuel, refill w/ 10 gal known good fuel, replace fuel filter, and oil change. Ill top off the fuel tomorrow, low on cash rite now, and after the weekend ill top it off again, and see where im at. Thanks for all the help guys, ill let you know how it comes out!!

Blue Rebel

Rusty Ford Blue
Reaction score
Update:
Replaced air filter, cleaned cdr, replaced fuel filter, and oil change. Got rid of almost all my black smoke, only now have a little bit at hard throttle/ higher rpms. BUT now i notice constant grey smoke at idle. w/ over 200k on what im betting are original parts, im thinking injectors and/or pump are shot

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
our air filters can look clean but be restricted . i put a gauge on my lid and i clean the filter every other month or so due to the gauge telling me that its restricted.