Help need new seats!!!!!

Popspuller6.9

Reaction score
well just went and rebuilt my motor this winter. Took a big trip towing my fifthwheel (33') to Yellowstone 700 miles one way...one problem my ASS hurt bad. I need new seat. does anyone know where i can buy a new seat for my old 84. i am really looking for a 40-20-40 split. PLEASE HELP!!!!

metalminded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea my truck needs a new front seat as well... i have had a tough time finding anything, and mines a newer truck....

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seats from later year models will also work with very minor modification to 1 of the passenger side brackets.

Popspuller6.9

Reaction score
i was hoping for a new seat...My wife is not happy with the seat i have, and....you know happy wife happy life!!!!!!HELP!!!!!!

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you looking for aftermarket seats or replacement OEM seats?

Here's a site for aftermarket seats...I think I'm going to go with them when it comes time to replace the seats. Not terribly cheap, but if the quality's good, it's worth it IMHO...I have a bad back and need a seat that can be comfortable on a long freeway run...

http://www.discountvantruck.com/

If you want OEM, you can find a reupholster shop and get your seats redone...unless you get really lucky at a wrecking yard, that's probably your only option.

Coyote_Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
King Ranch leather. :sly

I don't have anything to add other than I need to replace the front bench in my CC.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
40/20/40 would be so nice. SOme side support would really help out!! If anyone is getting rid of a 40 20 40 in RED anywhere in Michigan or New York please PM ME!!!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...one problem my ASS hurt bad....PLEASE HELP!!!!

There's some creme for that, but please, take these problems to your doctor;Poke or perhaps don't be afraid, they know what they are doing...that's why they call it PRACTICE.

On another note, GMM website or magazine may offer some tips for said issues too ;Poke

Buwa ha ha ha ha

Last edited:

Ugly Moosling

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a used pair of captains chairs out of a full size Bronco for my last truck. I just had to play with positioning them right and drill a few holes. The armrests were a nice addition. If you do re drill, make sure to reinforce the floor with large washers or a metal plate if the holes don't hit the existing reinforcements.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm facing the same situation. When was the last time you saw a new car with red interior? I was actually contemplating changing the carpet to grey or black and finding grey seats which are way more available. Just don't know what it would look like. Good red interiors seem to getting hard to find.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sadly Ford made the front seats ass crushing hard and I really wonder why. I'm ready for a new seat too but I was buckets with arm rests but the wifey doesn't like those. Well too bad.. Ride more in the back seat or the bed...:eek: At least if you ride in the bed it wil never have to be made up... My wifey is lazy to the most end of the world. Crazy too...:angel: I probably will be finding a shop to redo my seats. For those that don't know this. A crewcab rear seat is the same as the front seats. Its simple to remove the folding part and make it a non folding seat plus the crewcab back seat has only a black piece of cardboard and no cloth covering it. But if you need a seat for a single cab just find a crewcab rear seat. Those are made the same. Bolt right in..

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Have you considered Flexsteel seats? They make the high end coach seating for the rv industry. They also make truck seating for companies like Centurian. I have a set that came with my crew cab, very comfy with adjustble lumbar support and wear like iron. Those with a 2010 Tahoe center console/jumpseat give a nice upgrade from anything factory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online