Hello Members with Medium duties

bigasstrux

Reaction score
Actually I built the yellow 1986 Topkick 4x4 for a guy in Palm Desert, California. He flew to Ky., drove it home and uses it for his daily driver.

whd507

Reaction score
Since I posted those pictures in here, we moved from CA to MO the truck hauled all our worldly possessions (77,000 lbs truck/trailer/load) - we eh, "avoided" scales after we found out. The truck served me well as a rolling billboard as I ran for US Congress
You must be registered for see images attach
and I still get it out and drive it just because. Vehicles rust out pretty bad around here, so it only ventures out in the spring through fall. I am about to start a NAPA Auto Parts store, so it may go blue instead of black, as it is common to see us in parades. It might as well enjoy semi-retirement after all...:D

bigasstrux

Reaction score
More Big Ass Trucks

Here's a few more GM products I've built. I'm kinda outnumbered by you IH guys!

crazytwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My turn. 1997 International school bus. 30" length with 13.5" wheelbase:Thumbs Up, air ride suspension, DT466 with P-pump, AT545 trans:puke:, 4.44 rear end.

I plan to swap the 545 with 643. The 643 has lockup converter.

Last edited:

maddog

Reaction score
I guess its my turn, being a new guy and all.
I have a 68 dodge one ton dually and was looking to put a Cummins in it and I came up with this one.
A 98 Ford 800 Cummins allison 26K GVW.

I decided to keep it rather than pull the motor for the Dodge.
The only thing to do at that point was to shorten it, put a dually bed and a pair of super singles on it!
Right?
Isnt that what you would do? lol

Attachments

• Picture 021.jpg
    Picture 021.jpg
    393.6 KB · Views: 30

maddog

Reaction score
Yep, crew cab would be good. I thought about it but decided to just go with what I had. I think if I decided to put that much energy into one of these I would want something older. Probably a GM.

I put the fuel tank, driveshaft and bled the brakes today. I dont have the bed or tail lights yet, but I did drive it around the block a couple times. I like it. Much more nimble feeling with all that heavy bed gone. It will do a u turn tighter than my Ford ranger!!

whd507

Reaction score
I am happy with my 1979 crewcab F-600 last year of that bodystyle, but a 1998 is the last year of that cab, So I want to have another crew to go with it.
The super singles look great, and the regular cab with a dually bed will look sweet! crewcabs have a terrible turning radius btw...

Andertusa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I own several medium duty trucks:

A '40s International with the stock straight-6 -that I'm gonna put either a DT360 or DT466/fuller/split diff into.

51 Ford F-6 with the stock flathead-6 - I'm gonna put a 7.8 Brazilian/Fuller/split diff combo into.

56 GMC 450 with the original straight-6 - that I'm thinking of putting a twin turbo 3208Cat/Fuller/split diff into.

61 Ford F-600 that has the original 292 truck engine that I'm gonna keep in it.

Not quite 'medium', but an 84 F350 super duty extended frame regular cab dually with a 6.9 IDI Navistar and a 4 speed with a Sterling out back and an under-hood air compressor.

97 GMC/Bluebird 71 passenger school bus with a 9 liter Cat and Allison trans.

My 'near-daily' driver is a 04 Freightliner FD70/Thomas 77 passenger school bus with a 210 horse Mercedes diesel and Allison trans.

LowTech

Mech Wrangler
Reaction score
Wow, this thread died a horrible death.
Let's try a revival.

`72, M35A2, Oil burner for the last 10 years or so and my usual overlanding tow rig.
This is right after I finished building the kayak racks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online

No members online now.