Hello all, couple questions.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very cool. Where are you from? Your pronunciation of Ford has a strange accent to it. LOL

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
15 minutes north of scranton. well i'd push a ford before i'd drive a chevy, i like dodge more then ford, but then again ford was smart enough to group with IH for diesel engines so i'd take a 7.3 diesel ford over a 5.9 dodge any day. ford did their share of f%#$ing up their stuff over the years,i don't have $100,000 for a CXT so i'll make my scout the next best thing compared to ANY new vehicle. ;Sweet

-Jon

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
figure so i don't start another thread, i'll add to this one, been a while but i finally got all 8 pistons in, and got the head studs in and got the heads on! ;Sweet i'm cleaning the oil cooler now...oohh boy fun stuff. ;p here's a few pics! enjoy.

-Jon

Attachments

• pistons 1.jpg
    pistons 1.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 9
  • pistons.jpg
    pistons.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Head studs.jpg
    Head studs.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 12
  • head studs 1.jpg
    head studs 1.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 9
  • head studs in.jpg
    head studs in.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 13
  • heads.jpg
    heads.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 14
  • heads 1.jpg
    heads 1.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 9

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
lol i guess so, there's coal all around me, even a mine fire in the next town over!! :eek:

thanks fordguy100, lotsa money tied up into it, better run like a beast when it's all done.

my buddy that rents the 2 bays next to me is big into turboin' 4 cyl cars, he wants to twin turbo the 6.9 in the worst way.... ;Really he will do it for just the cost of parts/ materials... man i hate forks in the road. haha. ;p we'll see what turns up when i set the motor in. :cool

-Jon

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
im 5 minutes from the imfamous Centralia, thats cool another coal *******!

id like to see it sometime, u going to the all truck nationals at carlisle in august?

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
im 5 minutes from the imfamous Centralia, thats cool another coal *******!

id like to see it sometime, u going to the all truck nationals at carlisle in august?

i'm 15 minutes north of scranton. we'll see if time allows, i'm sure when it's done i'll be hitting all the truck shows! ;Sweet

-Jon

sootman73

Reaction score
let us know if you do twin turbo it! we've all been waiting for someone to do it. i only know of one other IH that runs two turbos but they aren't twins. keep us posted on the engine build up. really interested to see what you get out of her!

(real nice rig by the way!!!)

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Twins as in compounds, or just daul turbo's?

Compounds have been done, someone needs to do a twin turbo IDI (not compounded). Maybe rig up your own intake manifold, make it two parts. One turbo will feed 4 cylinders only, the other the other 4 cylinders. Kinda split up the manifold ya know LOL

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
yes, twin, 4cyl on right 4 cyl on left. i think i'm gonna get it together N/A then when i park it for trhe winter we'll set up a nice pair....;Sweet :hail

thanks sootman. :D

-Jon

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'm 15 minutes north of scranton. we'll see if time allows, i'm sure when it's done i'll be hitting all the truck shows! ;Sweet

-Jon

I hope you'll be hitting the BOOB meets too. We usually have events at various times during the year, and of course the annual IDI Weekend. ;Sweet

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
nice rig would love to see it when it gets going.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726