Hehe, it runs, drives, and HAULS!

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
:D :D :D :D :D :D
Dont even have words to describe how happy I am right now.
This is the best that truck has driven in YEARS!
Cured all the leaks except for the head gaskets. Cured the hard take off (from a stop) issue. Cured the brake fade (with new calipers, rotors, and shoes). Cured the nasty old clutch and flywheel issues (brand new Valeo DMF and clutch kit). Cured the "death wobble" in the front end. Cured the RDT blow by smog permanently with a RDT routed into the exhaust. Replaced the faulty Pyrometer, and routed the probe to where it properly should be (as close to the exhaust ports as possible). Replaced the torn shift lever boot in the ZF5 with the upgraded version. Has all new injectors and a properly tuned and timed IP. Freshly rebuilt oil cooler. New water pump. New IH direct thermostat. And it had a new freshly rebuilt rearend installed last year just before we gave up on the old engine.
Not joking, the bill for all this is well over $6000-$7000.
But that satisfaction of seeing it FINALLY haul that 38ft trailer, dang thats a good feeling! :angel:

Only issue I have with it right now is that after it was properly timed the thing starts hard. Like the cold advance isnt working. :cool

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
HA I know the feeling of trying to work all the bugs out then seeing the bill! :eek: Not that you threw down all that money up front but just added up over time.

I still have some to work out in mine but I've finally get it back on the road. I'll have to make a new thread sometime.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well done;Sweet

Others might be tempted to just flog the beast and trade for another rig. You could spend the same either way, but at least you know what you have now. I'd much rather overhaul than trade in, the feeling is worth more than a warranty to me:D .

sassyrel

Reaction score
and if you trade for another rig--same problem all over again----at least all the problems are getting cured---:D :D