Heater fan quit working, need help chasing this one down

sweet66monza

Reaction score
well, last week my heater fan stopped working. I tested and pulled a working blower from my 93 parts truck and still no go. The 30a fuse in the panel is good but I have no power getting to any of the 4 terminals on the low/high fan speed switch. I pulled the resistor out of the heater box and also swapped it with the good known one from the 93 parts truck and also no go. I then pulled the plug from the off/ac/vent switch in the dash and had power to the center two terminals but none to the outside two. Jumped power to both outside terminals and still nothing. Where do y'all suggest to go from here? Thanks as always!```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

SebastIDIan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try turning it on at max and cycle the key very slowly from off all the way past start (make sure you disconnect the starter relay in the inner fender)

When I first bought my truck mine was acting all weird and it would only work while I was holding the key at the start position. I ignored it and it went away after some time :dunno

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a diagram.

http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/Wd/DownloadPdf?id=8622

Put your meter or testlight on the 30 amp fuse and make sure you have power. If you don't, wiggle the keyswitch like the previous poster mentioned. Keyswitch getting sticky in the winter was a common problem on the older trucks, don't know if it happens on the later trucks or not.