headlight connectors

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Last edited:

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Going to order up some new bulbs! And a headlight wiring kit from LMC....

Last edited:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 9004 and 9007 bulb are physically the same, and fit each others respective housings.http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?257219-9004-to-9007-myths-dispelled

Well you have some interesting housings then cause where I am...9007 bulbs won't fit in my 9004 housings and neither with the 9004 bulbs fit my 9007 housings....but eh..that's my problem for sure..

I have the 9007 factory pig tails...to tap onto the 9004 brick nose harness for short term...just gotta get the fancy ceramic ***** soon!

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Went ahead and ordered up some Hella H4 bulbs....with higher wattage, and then the headlight wiring kit from LMC. Should be fun to see the difference! In the next month or so I will pick up some of those fancy high temp connectors from the website listed, so I should be good to go ;Sweet

Last edited:

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Where did you get the 55/100's? And do they make them in 9004's or just 9007's?
Eventually I will be putting a 94 clip on my 91 but in the mean time I wouldn't mind having more light.
I'd like the 80/100's but I'm afraid even aimed correctly I would get ticketed for them. Although I have seen a lot of people around here running oddball lights, I would be the one guy that get's picked out of the crowd!

http://www.amazon.com/HELLA-HLA-H83...BLJI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1330028080&sr=8-4

I hear Hella is a good brand.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Personally, I'm a fan of Osram Night Breakers. Best stock wattage bulb I've ever used. I've got a set of 55 watt night breakers and a set of regular 100 watt HB's in the wifes Suby. The 55 watt night breakers out shine the 100 watt bulbs. Although the 100 watt HB's shine much further. (aiming)

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WOOT... got an email from http://www.headlightplugs.com/4.7.ht.html today and I can order only the male and female plugs with the terminals and seals without wire so I can setup my own wiring and colours as I see fit to and from the relays...WOOT

$6.50 per plug males or females....Ya baby, I'll be ordering two of each and if they are any good, I'll order enough for two more vehicles so 4 of each next order...or more...gotta have stock on hand for customers....

jim x 3

1988 F-350 DRW
Reaction score
With pigtails I can custom make the whole setup, pulling signals from both the LH and RH high and low beams to relays, then to the headlights...ya ya that's the ticket!

I can order only the male and female plugs...$6.50 per plug males or females....Ya baby, I'll be ordering two of each....

Riot,

You are probably already aware of this, but just to clarify:

If you install 2 relays, 1 for High and 1 for Low Beam, then you will just need 1 male plug (the one that mates to your existing harness wiring like the old bulb did) rather than 2. And of course, you need 2 female plugs to connect to the new lamps, one on each side.

You would only need a second male plug if you are using 4 relays.

Regards,

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Riot,

You are probably already aware of this, but just to clarify:

If you install 2 relays, 1 for High and 1 for Low Beam, then you will just need 1 male plug (the one that mates to your existing harness wiring like the old bulb did) rather than 2. And of course, you need 2 female plugs to connect to the new lamps, one on each side.

You would only need a second male plug if you are using 4 relays.

Regards,
The objective is to use single relays for Highs and Lows, then tap into the other headlight circuit to power some driving lights and fog lights and respective switches and relays for those that are tied to the dimmer switch as well....Hope that clarifies my objective...makes things a little cleaner and less hassle to install optional lights:sly