Headlight Adjustment Wrench

Hangfire

Reaction score
Anyone know of a place to pick up a headlight adjustment wrench? Should be a 4mm ratcheting wrench that can reach to the back of the headlight from the front is my understanding.:(

Thanks!

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Ignore this if it's wrong but on my trucks all the fasteners on the headlights are philips screws.

Like I said my trucks are older than yours it may have changed.

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
Hang, did you see my response HERE about your adjusters? The '92s and up can't use the knob style wrench on the rear adjuster. The one I bought from Matco($18) is made by Lisle, Part # 14540 "Headlight Adjusting Ratchet For Ford." Check out my posts at TDS and I linked the Matco site where they had several models to choose from. Mine wasn't one of them but I bought mine almost three years ago. I just went to NAPAOnline and I didn't see any tools at all.

on edit;

trout, seems to work best to disable the smileys when posting a link from TDS, their code gets recognized by our software as a smiley.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got ya fixed up there Mel. see my edit note.

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
:D Thanks, Mike. We were typing at the same time. Okay, delete smilies. Got it!;) I went ahead and deleted my question you just answered. Man, you are on top of things! You can't read my mind, can you?:eek: :Q :D

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, and you really should be ashamed of yourself...;)

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
I had my headlights aimed yesterday at a body shop. Regardless of how many times I've aimed them at my garage door, they always turned out cockeyed. They attached to each lens a periscope type device by suction cup which rested on the three raised plastic nubs for alignment purposes. The periscope devices had 45* mirrors and they aimed them at the other periscope and adjusted them until perfectly parallel. They also had levelers in them to get the beam drops perfect. Tools needed were a 4mm socket and a phillips screwdriver and removing the headlight trim pieces of course. This is for a Ford OBS. They charged me $30.00 which I thought was a fair price. Previously, I got a quote from an oil change facility who were also a state headlight aiming station. They wanted to charge me $49.95 PER HEADLIGHT :eek: for aiming. I told them to aim them where the sun don't shine...:moon: :D

Hangfire

Reaction score
Hhey hheynow, I would have told them the same thing, 49.95 per light?!?!?! I'll buy the tool and adjust them at night if I have to. Thanks for the heads up on the stealership!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel