Head lights

gotdiesel?

Fine Diner
Reaction score
Hey guys, I once saw a gizmo that replaced or augmented the headlight relay so that your low beams and fog lights stayed on when you switched to high beam. I believe the device in question was for Chevys but I didn't know If there was a similar doodad for my 3rd Gen ? My high beams are a dissapointmen at best so I am looking for some improvement on the winding, dark NE roads.

Thanks

Josh:peelout

FOXY005

Reaction score
lschultz.........didn't you have some problems with your prototype "tester" britebox ?

Have they ironed out all the kinks now, I have been waiting to get a britebox set-up untill I heard some replies from the test group and knew that they had them working 100%

We certainly need something to help these stock headlights.

I know they said the new model would be avaliable for sale in early November.

lschultz

Reaction score
Cistern,Tx-2.3 miles outs of ofs highway in Fayett
They sent me another set to replace the ones I had. So far they are working great. But I had to pay to send the ole ones back. No big deal it was not that much. It's just the principal of the thing. But its done. Life goes on. Probably just a mistake on there part.

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Another option would be to replace the stock headlight bulbs with Sylvania Silver Stars. I did and am now able to see clearly at night on dark country roads. They are usually available at most auto parts stores and cost about $45.00 for a pair.

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
It sure looks like the britebox made it pretty idiot proof, if you are willing to part with $150.
With a little ingenuity, some simple wiring, and a Bosch accessory relay, one can do the same thing for about 1/3 the price.
It may not be "boughten pretty" but it will work just as well, and save you some hard earned bucks.