.. having the hardest time bleeding the brakes.

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
I would get a plug set for the MC, and plug one corner at a time, that way you'll know if it's the master or a specific line

I had problems with my 74 f100, did that and I found the culprit, a 6" hose connecting 2 steel lines going to the passenger rear

of course, you may have gotten a factory defect MC, I had that happen once a long time ago.....

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I clamped off the front brake lines.. Now I can "pump up" the brakes, and the pedal stops before hitting the floor. It is definitely an issue with the front brakes. I don't know if it's the calipers, maybe the bleeder valves are slightly screwed up and letting air in.. I think it is the calipers. I don't know what would be wrong with them to allow the brakes to do what they are doing... but I am going to replace them and see what happens.

dave186

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as simple as they are, calipers can do weird things. those chevy calipers should be dirt cheap. did you clamp of the rear line as well?

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I didn't. I got happy and totally forgot. I'll go do that now. ;Sweet

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HAHAHA. $14.00 per caliper! When I first installed the Chevy outters I tossed new pads in... $12 for both sides.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WELL........... It turns out...... I had the calipers on the wrong sides, which left air pockets that would not bleed out.. :Q:Q

Thanks for all of your help guys! ;Sweet

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
good deal!

but.....
now you don't have an excuse when you drive over that fart can import that slams on his brakes in front of you....... ;)

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The funny thing is, I have never had a problem with people slamming on their brakes when I am behind them in this truck. I actually have a lot of people pull over..lol. Riding my A$$ is a different story though.. but I usually just hit the brakes and look scared like a deer ran out in front of me. ;Sweet

Popeye2347

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swear the truck is just begging to be hauled to the scapper.

That reminds me.....a few years ago, [come to think of it, it was in 1998!] I 'stole' a 1992 Ranger ext cab PU at the auto auction. Less than 1/2 the wholesale price!! Sold it years later and still made money!

It had almost all wear items [belts, plugs, wires, etc] replaced by the selling dealer's mechanic-it looked better than new!! Only thing was, it woul not pull itself in 5'th gear unless you were going in excess of 70 MPH!!! It would just drag the engine down!! Fuel pressure/filter was good.....come to find out, it was one of those 4 cylinder engines with 8 spark plugs, and one side was miswired. After I fixed that, it ran like new.

I'm certain the seller could not figure out why it would not 'run' right, and in desperation sent it to the auction. My good luck on that one!!