Having a hard time bleeding brakes

bran1har

Reaction score
I have a 1992 F250 IDI. Just did a new back brake line because it was looking like it was about to go at any time. Did all new brakes pads and shoes, and also a new front caliper because the bleeder broke off on one of them, its the left caliper and its got the bleeder facing up. I started at the rear right, then rear left, then that little junction that the rear line connects to under the rive door that has a bleeder on it, front right, then front left. I have done vacuum bleeding, and then also had a helper pump the pedal, and I get clear fluid no bubbles coming out of any of the bleeders. The brakes work but not as well as they should, If I stomp on them, I cant get any of the wheels to lock up, and it takes longer than usual to come to a stop. With the truck off they feel fine, when i start it up and push the pedal it feels soft, if you hold the pedal in one spot it will start to sink, but never totally to the floor. The brakes worked fine before I did this job so I dont think the master could be bad right? I think the only place that could be trapping air would be the junction below the driver door? Has anyone else had a similar issue that they were able to resolve. Thanks

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is the ABS unit and it could be at fault..try checkijg fuese and make sure it is not blown.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just had a thread on this. Keep bleeding, I had a lot of air and it took forever to get it all out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online

No members online now.