Harness Help!

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
I really need to know what, if anything plugs into these 3 harnesses. It turns out my FSV really does work, but a PO had cut a large orange and brown/white wire on the driver's side inner fender. The brown/white wire is one of the 2 that controls the FSV's switching operation that a broken/white wire runs between 2 of these connectors. I can't seem to locate the brown/white wire coming through the firewall. So should any of these 3 harnesses be plugged into anything?

You must be registered for see images attach

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
And I also have a orange wire on the chassis side bundle (split loom that runs down the back of the driver's inner fender) that has been cut (selling with the brown/white Traver power wire to the FSV) that I can't find out where or what it's suppose to connect to :dunno

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you got a manual? The cheap Haynes manual at least has wire diagrams that will give you color codes. A heavy orange wire is traditionally the charging wire in a trailer plug. Can't swear to it in this case but normally that's the case.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Yup, ZF5. I have the older Haynes Red Cover. If the orange is for a trailer wiring circuit then I won't worry about it. Trailer wiring has been hacked, but with 4 pin flat tees and etrailer's 7 pole universal wiring, that'll get taken care of easy enough.

I'm much more worried about this Brown/White tracer wire for the FSV and these plugs seem to have something to do with it. There is actually another plug out of view of the picture I posted that had matching wiring with the plug at the top of the picture, but the black plug closest to the bottom is concerning. Plus I'd really like to tie that FSV power wire back together instead of tapping into the one in the dash and running yet another wire to the dead end Brown/white one on the inner fender.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online