haha!!! i win!!!

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
NO MORE CHILON, BABY!!!!!! i've been always a fan of having a manual to refer to when in a pinch. besides when it starts hitting the fan, so many things run through my head about what the problem could be that the manual usually puts me in track. anyways, i never find anything remotely usefull in the damn chilton so i searched amazon yesterday, and for $1.50, and $3.99 for shipping ( yes thats the actual price ) i found an 83-89 MoToRs repair manual that includes diesels!!!

cant wait till it comes in!!!!

Ten pounds of information in 1,000+ pages!

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found the genuine Ford factory service manuals, the real thing, at an antique tractor show swap-meet for four bucks.

I have some of the generic "manuals" that are only helpful for such things as draining the oil or replacing a bulb; they are sort of useless.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Generic manuals are for generic people:rotflmao
Yea ,I have a few of those crummy ones too. Mostly found behind the seat of vehicles.
Haynes used to be awesome then chiltons bought them out-cuss

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
I've always hated the part that said "this service should be preformed by a qualified service center." How do they know if I'm not qualified?

MotorCraft

1997 Truck info

Reason they say that is because those books are written for do it your selfers with little mech knowlage. They sell "Professional books for the professsional mechanic as they told me" BTW which are several hundered dollars.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
I found the genuine Ford factory service manuals, the real thing, at an antique tractor show swap-meet for four bucks.

I have some of the generic "manuals" that are only helpful for such things as draining the oil or replacing a bulb; they are sort of useless.

They work as generic toilet paper too.;p

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
About the best manual for our motors is the Navistar Service Shop Manual. CGES-435-1 is the number for the 1991 motor. CGES-475 is the manual for the injection pump. Order at the Navistar parts counter and ask for your motor year if you want that particular year. They cost around $45.00. Ebay just had one and it went for around $87.00 plus shipping.... Some don't know where to find these very helpful books....cookoo

masterbeavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy ****, trackspeeder!!!

Is that picture real????

As for manuals, theres some good info here for the 1985 ford diesels:

http://www.garagenet.biz/forddiesel.htm

hope it helps.
that backhoe pic probably is for real. I seen that kinda pic elsewhere, step by step, loading a backhoe into a railroad car.
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online