HAALLP!!! ***!?!?!? Diesel Down!!!

Camarogenius

Reaction score
Okay, this started this morning. It'd start for a minute, then just die. After I got it re-started,had to give it a snort of the spray, it ran rough for a minute,
then smoothed out. Now I'm at work, and went to leave, no start, Starter solonoid is dead, I've been expecting that, but anyway, went to roll start it, it fired for about three seconds, then died.
Drug it back up the hill with the forklift, rolled it down again, sputtered for a second, but no joy.
Back up the hill, this time got the boss on the forklift, and kept up a steady push, it fired and ran for about thirty seconds, I kept revving it to keep it running, blowing some black smoke, and a bit of white, then just died.
I've got good fuel at the valvestem on the fuel filter, and I've got power to the injector pump. ***!?!?!?!?!?

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the fuel shutoff solenoid, if it's TU the engine will not start. But, it definitely sounds like your IP has gone south on you.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the pump inlet screen. Maybe something let go and is clogging it.

Camarogenius

Reaction score
Truck's only got 95,000 miles on it. Once I get the starter taken care of, I'll start on the pump issue. I'm thinking (hoping) it's just cracked and dry rotted return lines.
I'm going to coat them with axle grease to seal any small cracks, and see if that helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online