guys with hydroboost and 450 master cyl

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
hey guys what fitting did you guys use to adapt the factory brake lines that went to the stock master cyl to the new f-450 master cyl and where did you guys get them my truck is the 86 2wd f-250 thanks guys ;Sweet ;Sweet ;Sweet

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
My 89 truck was a direct bolt up on the brake lines. All I really had to change was the brake peddle and the power steering pump. Sorry but I can't help you about your problem...

masterbeavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont the adapters unscrew from the old unit and screw into the F450 one? [edit] nevermind, I was thinking 88+

I am hunting for the van power steering bracket so I can use my chebby hydroboost pump... No luck so far, have only found one diesel, and it had a ford pump on it :(

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
My 89 truck was a direct bolt up on the brake lines. All I really had to change was the brake peddle and the power steering pump. Sorry but I can't help you about your problem...

why did you have to relace your power steering pump you should of only had to replace the resivor unless u had roblems with your stock one

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I replaced the pump because I found a new one on evilbay for $27.00... Couldn't pass it up. At the time I was installing it had I just reused my original pump it probably would have started leaking. Thats just how my luck or lack of it was going at that time. Now I looking at converting over to serpintine belts and getting rid of the V-belts. I don't like the alternater belt flop. I have everything to convert... Just need the go-getem additiude....:D

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
I replaced the pump because I found a new one on evilbay for $27.00... Couldn't pass it up. At the time I was installing it had I just reused my original pump it probably would have started leaking. Thats just how my luck or lack of it was going at that time. Now I looking at converting over to serpintine belts and getting rid of the V-belts. I don't like the alternater belt flop. I have everything to convert... Just need the go-getem additiude....:D

hell ya on the serpintine belt conversion that what i want to do also i just want to get a complete engine at the same time kill 2 birds with one stone type of thing

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I did have to use one or two adapters to get the lines to fit. I got them at my Ford dealer, although I bet they are a common brass item. I took them a replacement brake line I had, that had the same kind of threaded end on it, and the master cylinder and said "get me from here to there".

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
Yes, I did have to use one or two adapters to get the lines to fit. I got them at my Ford dealer, although I bet they are a common brass item. I took them a replacement brake line I had, that had the same kind of threaded end on it, and the master cylinder and said "get me from here to there".

see im not a crazy person cookoo cookoo
just half to figure out what they are now

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried to save some of my invoices so I could post part numbers, but just haven't had the time or remembered to do it yet. :sorry:

hahn_rossman

Hahn Rossman
Reaction score
I've been considering doing the hydro conversion on my truck. My only concern is that when driving my friends 1998 Dodge/cummins I noticed that steering effort is really high *when* you are steeping on the brakes. Now i realize that these are usually not done at the same time, but parallel parking is part of the joy of living in Seattle...Is this also true of the ford system? Or is it a dodge anomaly?

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahn, I noticed something like that with my old Chevy C10 that I converted to hydroboost, but it would only happen if I pretty much floor the brakes and crank the wheel like a madman at the same time. I wasn't even using a hydroboost-specific PS pump in that truck, so I'd imagine with the correct higher pressure and flow unit it would've been all good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726