GUESS mixed bad WVO...ugh..

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not trying to "pile on" with bad news, but take a small sample and put it in the freezer and see how that stuff reacts to "colder weather".
Don't know if this would work for your possible water problem, but get a little bottle of methanol/ethanol, take a sample of the fuel, add little of the methanol/ethanol. If the methanol settles to the bottom, not much water in the mix???
I remember a paste of some sort that people with underground fuel storage tanks would use, put the paste on the end of the "long dipstick", if water was present paste would change color.(Don't remember the name, but maybe someone locally might have it)
Just thinking what might be a easier way to find water.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Not trying to "pile on" with bad news, but take a small sample and put it in the freezer and see how that stuff reacts to "colder weather".
Don't know if this would work for your possible water problem, but get a little bottle of methanol/ethanol, take a sample of the fuel, add little of the methanol/ethanol. If the methanol settles to the bottom, not much water in the mix???
I remember a paste of some sort that people with underground fuel storage tanks would use, put the paste on the end of the "long dipstick", if water was present paste would change color.(Don't remember the name, but maybe someone locally might have it)

color cut is one name of the paste although I can't remember for sure it might have been spelled with k's but any bulk fuel delivery place should be able to get it for you but you have to let it sit a little longer in wvo then fuel for the water to get to it

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heres my setup 330 gal tote I let settle then pump thru 2 golden rod filters into barrels and let settle again then pump it from barrels straight into trucks thru the 2 goldenrod filters again
Thanks, thats a kewl setup.

I'll be getting a couple of drums and then settling out in a third, I'll pump through the fuge from the settling drum into one clean drum, then fuge from that one clean drum into another drum. Once that oil is in the second drum, I want to move it into a oil heater tank and mix with Keresone/heating oil for fuel as it should be good to go.

Perhaps after a while I'll experiment with making actual BIO diesel...it's the chemicals and getting them locally that I have to get worked out.

I suspect a year before I can make BIO, but for now, I'll be able to deal with the WVO once my fuge gets rolling!

I WON"T be going through this ***** twice...though I would like a nice plastic set of tanks in the truck...NO RUST!..Gonna try and find a plastic Bronco tank!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Very excellent suggestion thanks! I'll do that tomorrow...maybe stick some in a couple of containers I have and freeze it in deep freez...see what comes of it!...

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Thanks, thats a kewl setup.

I'll be getting a couple of drums and then settling out in a third, I'll pump through the fuge from the settling drum into one clean drum, then fuge from that one clean drum into another drum. Once that oil is in the second drum, I want to move it into a oil heater tank and mix with Keresone/heating oil for fuel as it should be good to go.

Perhaps after a while I'll experiment with making actual BIO diesel...it's the chemicals and getting them locally that I have to get worked out.

I suspect a year before I can make BIO, but for now, I'll be able to deal with the WVO once my fuge gets rolling!

I WON"T be going through this ***** twice...though I would like a nice plastic set of tanks in the truck...NO RUST!..Gonna try and find a plastic Bronco tank!

Thanks when my filters are fresh I can pump a barrel in about 7 minutes and I'll be phasing out all steel containers and going with plastic only. The wvo seems to react with steel and coats the inside with a black flaky sticky crap. I'm lucky enough on my truck once I put a front tank back in the rear is plastic so all my wvo will go there front tank diesel only

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online