grrr stupid coolent

ididiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well from some discusion with other members on here im going to pull my motor and build it not buy one build. so i have plans on getting the block to the machine shop sleeving it followed by boring it,have the heads ported n polished and retrofiting my truck with a holset hx40 or 45 dont remember. so my one question is wen i put it back together wat should my ring endgaps be for boost and one for mel wat is the eta on a moose pump and injectors

im hunting my buddies cumins it will loose soon!

ididiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
o and does anyone have the part numbers for the arp head studs,nuts and washers. im afraid to find out wat the want for the main studs and the rod bolts.

ididiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats wat i thought wish some of the og's of this site lived in oregon this truck is going to fight every step of the way i feel it coming. wat is with everyone and these trucks and the color blue omg people white is better lol jk

were is silverton oregon

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
ARP studs are AR7.000-lb. The nuts are ARN12-1 and the washers are ARW78N.... the studs are 7 inches long and about 3/8 inch too long but they work. its just they stick thru the deep sockets so much that they rub the socket and roll the threads when you instll them. You will need to be careful installing them. Als they need to be torqued down and loosened 5 times to break down the fricton for a proper finished torque. You can read up on this in there web site... The phone operater wll probably tell you they don't have nor do they make a set for our 7.3 idi motor. Myself and typ4 are proof they have what we need. Several others have bought these studs from them but had problems convinsing them they sold what we need.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
What kind/year of truck do you have?

I live up by Silver Falls State Park. About 15 miles east of Silverton in the Cascades.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I'm assuming you have a 7.3... Thats what I posted for..If you have a 6.9 ARP actually sells a complete kit for those. Usualy Summit sells the same kit cheaper than ARP because they buy in volume..

ididiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and on i side not i fing hate this truck and motor!

if anyone is avail i could use the help

Last edited:

ididiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
all right so now that im not so pissed off at the truck i took time to relax.this is the first vehicle to fight tooth and nail and ive never seen a core suport be rusted almost all the way through the hole is big enough to fit my fist. everything is rusted to hell rust rust rust. so if there is anyone in the area of highway 97 south of i84 by miles that could lend a hand i would appriciate it deeply come on guys lets put an idi back on the 1/4 board and b slap some cummins.
sry for ramblin tired,i hate my job and ive had a few to many vegas bombs.

what about the color black for are trucks

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you know what a chinese finger trap is? I can tell you for sure, the harder you hate... the truck will hate you that much more.

Love it.

Show it how you want to be treated. :D

These things really are alive you know. ;Really

ididiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
k i have a question to those of u with built and boosted motors wat did u run for ring end gaps.