Grrr Hazard Flasher Relay Location

gerlbaum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 1987 F250 6.9 (it has the 87 though 91 interior/gauges/dash) and I know the general location of where the Hazard Flasher Relay is supposed to be (up under the dash behind the glove box). I just switched to LED signals and replaced the signal flasher relay with an electronic flasher relay. I need to do the same for the hazard flasher relay and I cannot find it for the life of me. I spent an hour the other day with a mirror and a flash light and took out my glove box and still can't find. Anyone have any clues as to where specifically to look? This is making me feel like an idiot HAHAHA!

DrCharles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's not on the back side of the dash fuse panel (left of steering wheel) like my '93, I can only suggest that you turn it on and follow the clicking noise? :dunno

gerlbaum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good point, and it may be on the back of the fuse panel I haven't checked yet. I had always thought on the 92 on up it was on the back of the fuse panel and on the 87 to 91 it was behind the glove box area.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reach up under your glove box along the side towards the passenger door. It's there, might have to drop the glove box out, can't remember.

Its actually held in by the little tab on the top. When you find it, give it like a quarter turn counter clockwise to release it so you can get it unplugged.

Sounds way complicated when I type it out but it's really easy.

If you can't find it I'll snap a picture tomorrow.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reach up under your glove box along the side towards the passenger door. It's there, might have to drop the glove box out, can't remember.

Its actually held in by the little tab on the top. When you find it, give it like a quarter turn counter clockwise to release it so you can get it unplugged.

Sounds way complicated when I type it out but it's really easy.

If you can't find it I'll snap a picture tomorrow.
HINT.....post number 11 in the link has the pics :D

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Horn relay and flasher on my 91.

You must be registered for see images attach

Horn relay.

Under the far right side of the dash. It took me a while to find them even after asking here.

LOL