Griffin Radiators

Robt.Webster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to upgrade the cooling system on my truck, and during my research, it seemed as though the Griffen radiator was the best choice out there, at least until I saw all the praise for the Rodney Red radiators.

Does anyone have any experience with the Griffin radiators, good or bad?

Looking at the Rodney Red website, it appears as thought cater mostly to Pontiacs. For the folks using the Rodney Red radiators, how did you go about placing your order so that you got what you were looking for, and was it a direct replacement, or did you have to make modifications on your truck to make it fit/work?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I was the second member to install one. Robert known as RLDSL here was the first. I had a cusyom 5 core doing a good job but wanted more. I got much more than I expected. Some mornings when I lift the hood to once over everything I find the tanks are sweaty and ice cold. All I can think is its cooling as it sits there with no circulation... Don't really know. They are a direct fit too. Shipped and packaged very well too. No shipping damage found on any of the members here that have bought them. No information on the Griffen radiators eother. Hopefully someone will chime in good or bad on them. The Rodney radiators were made famous in the pontiacs but they sure work well in our rigs.... The TIG weldeding is first class too. The cores are a two row but they are NASCAR type rows about 1 1/4 inch wide and 16 fins per inch. Lock up a fan clutch and it will never heat up on you. Just make sure you use Evans waterless coolant or at least a top notch coolant and distilled water only. Any other type of water has way too many minerals in it and will drop out ruining any type radiator...

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
When I had the first one made, he had to have a stock rad to work from to makethe templates. now he has the templates programmed into a fancy CNC cutter of some sort that knocks out the tanks and he folds them up and hand welds them to the core assembly Insanely high quality.
I used to race Pontiacs MANY years ago and from experience, I knew, if he had figured a way to keep those beasts cool under extreme conditions, the folks rave about those things in the pontiac community, THIS was the guy I wanted building my rad, and i made teh right choice for sure

Only the first one was completely custom, but they are all still one off hand built so each one can be ordered with whatever options a person might want , like extra gauge sensor ports in one or the other tanks or extra hose inlets or outlets for whatever reason, you cant get this kind of service with a catalog rad

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
A recent thread on another forum mentioned Griffin Radiators use epoxy and it has come loose in the part.

Thats my 2 cents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brb5

Staff online