GP light: On once this morning, that's it... Need her today. Not the time!

N.E fjord-by-fjord 2fiddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, all's well that ends well... Got my fuses and a new matched pair of batteries. While I was under the hood I decided to do some other stuff that I have been meaning to do. I had a theory that some of my issues regarding air intrusion/IP performance/injector performance were due to a worn lift pump, worn IP, worn injectors, and a crumby install (by me) of the two IP hard supply line olives when I first got the truck (and didn't know as much...). Since it was parked, it was the perfect opportunity to get stuff done. I inspected the IP supply line, and there was a burr on the metal that I think scarred the other olive I had installed. They were both getting hard too. Two new ones that i happened to have went on after i carefully deburred the line flares and cleaned them up. The lift pump was replaced last week just before this electrical issue popped up. Even then, that was a noticeable improvement. Tested and cleaned my GP's and harnesses. Replaced my GP relay (now my oem is backup...) The biggest thing i did though, was the IP: I finally tried the "turn it up" idea... I figured if it's worn and needed a little extra oomph to pop em right, or if what I heard from the P.O. was true (he said he thought the owner before him (original) had turned the pump down to save on fuel...), that turning it up a half turn (3 flats) would be a safe way to test that theory. Two words: holy. crap. It's like a new truck! I'm downshifting half as often, and the shifting is smoother (i think the TPS and TCM are communicating better now). Even getting a bit of "coal".

I couldn't be happier right now. Thanks you guys.

And Agnem... I DO plan on getting that moose from you when I get the scratch.... But this was what I had to do in the meantime.

:cheers: CHEERS! :cheers:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online